Not seeing certain servers in Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by JFF Scotty, Oct 18, 2016.

1. JFF Scotty

JFF Scotty Registered

There is a problem with one of the members at JFF not being able to see any of the servers put up by us, they cannot see other servers from other clubs that originate from the same box all with similar, but not the same IP's. He is able to see everyone else on matchmaker and everything else is fine, but not the ones mentioned above. Is there a fix for this, maybe something simple I may be overlooking? This has only occured since he has migrated his Rfactor 2 over to Steam. any help would be apreciated. Thanks.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Lots of people are having issues with Steam matchmaker server visibility and rF2, as in this thread. The instructions from ISI are not very clear on this either. It's likely that your server is not visible at all on the Steam matchmaker, which is what rF2 Steam version is using as opposed to the non-Steam version. Steam requires some additional ports to be opened as well, check this thread.

3. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

I had on sunday also some issues. Leaving the rfcmp inside of the packages folder and the server was visible. Remove them from there and the server was not visible. Vmod stayed all the time inside the packages folder.

4. JFF Scotty

JFF Scotty Registered

The servers are visible and accessable by others, this problem is only occurring with the one member. the damndest thing ive seen.

5. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I can confirm the issue. However, in our case it will appear and disappear without doing anything.

Another thread has been started to report a similar issue
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php?t=29922

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Not quite the same...my issue is that servers are not showing on web based server sites...Scotties issue is that one of his members cannot see in his game or steam server browser, two clubs that share the same host. IP's are similar, one ends in .112 and the other .113 and ports don't seem to be the problem...one club uses the 30000 range while the other 54000 range.

Scotty, has your member checked his firewall/antivirus/windows defender to see if there is a problem there?

Cheers

G

7. JFF Scotty

JFF Scotty Registered

He has windows defender, G-Man, I will check it out