Not being able to lock tires in most cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wili, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

To explain why it's highly unlikely to lock the tires in an instance at high speeds:

Take your bike wheel and give it a good spin and then put your fingers inbetween wheel spokes. (don't do it really) If you turn your bike wheel not so fast it's easier to block it at an instance.

Image a 15 kg wheel turning at 110km. Try to block it at an instance.

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Something at your end wilii. So you don't get flat spotting at all except in f2. ?? ..if yes Definitely your end

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Sounds familiar:
    Drivers will also need to take care of the brakes, as with all Formula One cars the MR01’s brake performance trails off over a full race distance at some circuits. An adapted driving style and engine braking will help, but it’s important to note that maximum braking can only be applied from braking zones over 300km/h the brake must then be eased off as the aerodynamic load decreases. It also may not be possible to use 100% braking pressure at all circuits, so reducing brake pressure in the setup is also an option.
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/marussia-cosworth-mr01/

However, you guys might not know that if you drive the MR01 PROPERLY it still won't make a full race distance at somewhere like Montreal? Real car couldn't either.

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

It wont make it in what way Tim? Brake wear?

5. 88mphTim

Yup. The MR01 actually couldn't make the race distance in Montreal that year going at race pace.

6. 88mphTim

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I was thinking he may have un-mapped the aids keys without disabling them first.

I actually drove a round in AMS like that till I realized what I had done. lol p

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Good point. worth trying a reset to default controller settings.

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Must be so frustrating to race the low end teams.. spend whole life trying to ge to the top and you will never be able to show all your potential

10. Wili

Wili Registered

In Assetto you can lock your wheels much easier than in Rfactor, it seems to me in Rfactor takes too long in order to block tyres but again I'm no expert and after all your comments I'm more confused now :p, I think in Assetto is more challenging, you need to take more care with the brakes and you have more control over your brakes (brakes are more powerful imo), maybe that's the reason because I like braking in Assetto more.

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

So......point is you're not looking for a solution or if anything is wrong on your system; you just made this topic to state; "Assetto is better"?
    That is the only thing coming back from you......

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Not really, all hes saying is that because hes used to what AC is like, rF2 feels easier when it comes to braking.
    From all i know locking wheels in high speeds is not possible with even a professional driver's legs. Thats all i need to know about what out of the two is closer to real life.

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

If he feels thate better, he should drive that. Here are solutions brought to him and he's being said there might be something wrong with his system.
    However; the only thing we get back from him is that the other game is better.
    Why stating that over and over while guys here try to solve a potential problem for him?

14. Wili

Wili Registered

After the comments I don't think there's anything wrong on my system, I just think both sims are different when it comes to braking, I don't know which one is more realistic, I dind't wanted to cause any Rfactor Vs Assetto confrontation.
    I love both sims, I will keep driving both :D

15. SauberC9

SauberC9 Banned

If it turns out there is nothing wrong anywhere, enjoy the fact you're being able to brake without locking up. It helps your tires and laptimes :p. If it was user-enabled, a lot of us would decrease the brake pressure setting on almost all AC cars, and maybe play with duct opening.

16. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Yep, i also envy people who can enjoy both rF2 and AC, i cant, i really dont like ACs physics, i would love to like the game, there is some interesting content in there, but the whole time im in AC my face is like WTF... So good for you Wili :)
    (sorry if i just skewed back to the rF2 vs AC conversation)

17. 88mphTim

Neither one looked really wrong to me, they're different cars. AFAIK the Lotus 49 would be much lighter than even the Brabham? Both sims looked relatively right...

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Lotus49 is around 60kg lighter ( 501kg vs 560kg )

19. 88mphTim

Thanks. IMHO it would look tires sooner under similar conditions due to that.

20. AceLain

AceLain Registered