SOLVED Not all installed locations are listed

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by anthonyp, May 12, 2014.

1. anthonyp

anthonyp Registered

I have recently re-installed rfactor 2 after a long break. I downloaded a number of cars and tracks from the ISI rfactor 2 website.

I then proceeded to install them via the Manage Mods. All cars and tracks have a status of 'installed' in the Mod manager. I am running the latest version of rFactor 2.

However only seven of the tracks are listed when I go to the Tracks sub-menu within the game. It doesn't list Loch Drummond and Mores, so therefore I cannot drive these tracks.

Do I need to install a specific mod, or series to be able to access some tracks? Any other suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

its the vmods I think. open rf2, goto Series, click a different vmod for different series or click AllCars&tracks so you will be able to select everything your game has installed.

Next time you go online or use a different vmod again, rf2 will start with that one and you need to re-select AllCars.

3. anthonyp

anthonyp Registered

Thanks for you help, however I have a fresh install with no mods. I simply installed the Lite version, activated, then started installing cars and tracks. I only have the all cars and tracks series. Is it normal for the Info button to be disabled for the All cars and tracks series?

The mod manager says I have these tracks installed but I simply cannot see them listed in-game.

Anyone else have any ideas on what might be going on?

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

open your mod manager and check the bottom working dir and packages dir. make sure their paths are actually pointing to your installed game and the correct packages folder.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yeah, sounds like you installed everything to the wrong working dir. Run the launcher and then click the advanced tab. At the bottom you will see the correct datapath. Now go into the launcher and verify that you have your working for set to the path you got in the launcher.

6. anthonyp

anthonyp Registered

I appreciate your help but I think I didn't express my problem adequately. I have 7 out of 9 tracks which I downloaded from ISI working. Just Loch and Mores don't appear to be showing up in the rFactor in-game track menu. If they were in the wrong directory then I wouldn't see any of the tracks. Maybe the two missing tracks are corrupt. I will re-download and re-install.

7. anthonyp

anthonyp Registered

It looks like my two missing tracks were corrupt. I re-downloaded and all is well. Thanks for your help.

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

well, they would if you would have two rf2 installs. you mentioned a fresh install but for all we know its a 2nd install, and the mod manager gets a bit iffy with multiple installs.

but its fixed now so have fun :)