Noob - saving modified package as independent vehicle…

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by MileSeven, Feb 13, 2022.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I’ve been fiddling with an existing unencrypted vehicle - for fun and to get a handle on how some of the technical details work.

I can successfully modify, package and install the vehicle - and it shows up in the driveable list with its new name and display details…

…but only if I’ve uninstalled the original vehicle…

If the original vehicle *is* still installed on my client, it seems that the modified version (despite having a different name, version, class name etc.) is recognised as a superseded iteration of the original.

What needs to be changed for the original and modified vehicles to co-exist independently? Something in the .hdv, .veh? - or how I package it?

TIA!

2. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello. Maybe try to modify the version field ...

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Thanks - I have updated the version field at the time of packing…

One of the things I noticed was that in the in-game content manager, I could see both vehicles were shown as installed (from Local) but the display names were (intentionally) different. The version number was as I had set it but until all of the entries of the original vehicle had been uninstalled, it remained off the selectable car list.

4. svictor

svictor Registered

Try create new VEH files (with unique new names), and edit both Classes & Category lines which reflect your new modded car name & class. It is similar to the process of making new skin livery package.

MileSeven likes this.
  5. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Yay! That seems to have worked... I renamed all of the individual files associated with an individual vehicle and made sure the class and categories were unique - and now both look to show up.

Many thanks.