Non exist track folder appears every time i start the game

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Haris1977, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Greetings

Every time i start the game 2 new folders named "Laguna Seca" and "Road_America" are (re)created inside my:

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings (even though i delete them every time..)

The thing is that both these 2 tracks are not installed in my game (i think i used to have them). They do not appear inside game / workshop items or in mod manager.

How can i fix this?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

As far as i know, the Track/Layout Folders in the Players Settings Folder are written by following the Entries in the installed Tracks GDB Files, like SettingsFolder = LagunaSeca, for the S397 LagunaSeca_2022 Track.
    So if the 2 Tracks, for that you get the Settings Folders, are not installed, i would suppose that other installed Tracks use wrong Entries maybe.
    Or, for Example, maybe a Laguna Seca Track is installed, that uses another Name in the Menu, but has the SettingsFolder = LagunaSeca Entry in its GDB File.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm curious though, a couple of empty folders, why does that bother you? Ignore them, they don't bite.

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

They come from Steam cloud (At least the ones I have do)
    upload_2022-10-22_18-4-40.png

Haris1977 and redapg like this.
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

@redapg thanks for the info. It was a steam cloud issue (@DJCruicky thanks that did the trick! :p)

@davehenrie it is not a big deal i know, i was just curious

If anyone knows (or suspects) why disabling the "keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for rFactor 2" did the trick please let us know

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
    redapg likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

I never use any Cloud Sync for my Games, because i want to avoid unwanted Things being done,so i didn't think at that at all. :)
    I guess, because rFactor doesn't have "Savegames" like other Games, they maybe store Replays and Setups and maybe some more Files.
    And because Setups are stored in that Settings Folders, they store that in the Cloud too, no matter if empty or not.

Haris1977 likes this.