Nobody can connect to my dedi server... tried and searched everywhere ?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Itchy1893, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Itchy1893

Itchy1893 Registered

Hello guys,

so I have searched all over the forums and the internet the last 2 days...so I thought I should register now
    and maybe I find some help here.

First of all I really like Rfactor 2 so far very much, it´s a great game overall.

I only have a problem to get my own Dedicated Server ready to go I think this has someting to do with my ports or IP as I am really
    a beginner in these kind of things I would really appreciate some help to get him going.

At the moment I have opened the following ports in my router :

54297 TCP/UDP
    54347 TCP/UDP
    443 TCP/UDP

I can open and join my server without a problem but nobody else can join.
    I have switched of the Windows Vista firewall and also my Antivir is off.
    So I don´t get the point why nobody can join ? Did I miss someting ?

The server is called " Red White 1893 Funserver " Mod: Renault Megane Track: Portugal GT Layout.

He is open right now and shown in the Lobby of Rfactor 2 if anybody want to test him out this would be great.

Already thanks for the help coming in.

Regards

Itchy

2. Itchy1893

Itchy1893 Registered

wow it seems a guy just connected to my server ! this is great ;-)

I tell you guys tomorrow if everythings still alright !

3. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Have a look here, you don´t need to forward/allow port 443. What you do need, if you want to use vMods and custom skin propagation is to enable the HTTP server and forward/allow its port.

Cheers,
    Marcus

4. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi
    open port 64397
    If you make a mod you can download it :)

5. Itchy1893

Itchy1893 Registered

Hello again,

sorry that I need too pull up this thread again... but I think better then to start a new one.
    I have now managed to set up a DEDI Server on my PC which I also use to play so far so good.

I now have a Dell laptop ( I5 CPU ) so the laptop should be able to host a dedi server I already put all
    the rfactor data on my laptop and I really want to use my Laptop as a Dedi because he could run 24/7.

So I set up a server on my normal pc everything works fine I can connect and people can connect too.

Then I try to set up a server on my laptop ( without reactivating or login ) just go to the lower right of the launcher an try to host
    this works and I also can find my Server in the Server List when trying to join " Server connection failed " .......

The funny part is if I then want to go back to my Server which was hosted via my PC it also say " Connection failed " and then I need to restart my router.... and then it works again from my normal pc.
    I also tried restarting the router and then open straight a server from my Laptop but that´s also not working.

I am really a newbie in this subject, but I have opened the correct ports at my router ( people can join, download vmods ect.)
    so what´s the difference between my pc and my laptop ? I have deactivated the firewall on my laptop, no antivir running so I can´t find the problem !

If one of you server experts could help this would be great !!!

If you guys need any additional information's just let me know

Many thanks in advance !

Regards

Nick

6. UlrichBlanke

UlrichBlanke Registered

did you opened the ports for both of them (pc and laptop)?

routers generates "internal" ip-adresses for the machines hanging on it. you must forwarding ports for each ip. would be good with different ports

7. Itchy1893

Itchy1893 Registered

Thanks for the response !

I think we have found the problem... I have only opened the Ports for my PC thought because it is set on the router
    that it will count for all pc´s connected to that router.

So when at home I check the ip adress of my laptop and then open the ports also for the laptop ip adress.
    I had really trouble to get the right Ports forwarded so I would like to forward the exact same ports as I have done for my pc because I am sure these ports are working correct or could this cause trouble ?

Should I check the Multiplayer.ini on my Rfactor laptop installation and use these ports ?

Anyway thanks for the help already !

8. UlrichBlanke

UlrichBlanke Registered

yes and notice:

the ports in the multiplayer.ini on your pc should be different to the multiplayer.ini on your laptop

9. Itchy1893

Itchy1893 Registered

okay thanks! I now can connect to my server which is running on my laptop... it only seems that the "get mod" feature
    is not working.

I have build a mod via modmaker ( Clio@croft ) but when trying to connect to the server it says " searching for mod " like we all know nothing showed up.... but I was running a Vmod ( Megane@poznan ) on my pc without a problem.

I have forwarded the following ports :

View attachment 7258

do I maybe miss something ? really close to get it done a 100 % I think :)

10. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Have you put that vMod into the Packages folder on your laptop, too? If it is "only" installed but not present as a .rfmod file in that directory, the "Get mod" feature doesn´t work.

Those are the default ports, and forwarded to one IP address only. I take it Nick-PC-1 is your laptop? Have you changed the Multiplayer.ini on the laptop?
    FWIW, you can at least clean up the port forwardings a little, you only need 54297 (UDP), 54347 (TCP), 64297 (TCP).

Cheers,
    Marcus