No visible windscreen/dirt on C6

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by ThoKa, Feb 1, 2013.

1. ThoKa

ThoKa Guest

Was posted on the release thread already. There is no visible windscreen on the C6, i.e. there are neither reflections nor dirt in view. Hope this is getting fixed :) Keep up the good work ISI

2. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I hope not!

3. ThoKa

ThoKa Guest

Make it an option via the upgrade tab would be the best solution to please everybody. I really don't want to miss this feature. Reflections shouldn't be overdone like in the Clio's but I don't want to look through a gaping hole while driving the C6, completely unrealistic imho. But this is personal taste of course, so let us all have a choice :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  4. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I'm torn, I like it sometimes of day but not others so yes I have said it before so just once more, it would be perfect as an option, everyone a winner :)

5. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Yes, should be in TUNING page;

Windscreen
    []Reflections On
    []Dynamic Dirt On (will be cleaned in pit box and can be cleaned while on track with wipers)

That should take care of everyones needs,,,, I think.

6. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Yup, that just about nails it...By the way, are you the Butch I met on track yesterday?

7. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Yes, that was me.

8. willz

willz Registered

if the wipers worked then that would please everyone

9. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I believe they do work, on the Vette. Two speeds too, if I'm not mistaken.
    So, I imagine they could be made to clean the windscreen,,, I think. Something we can hope will appear in a future update.

10. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Unrealistic! While GT cars do have wipers, they are never used to clean a dirty windscreen in dry conditions, that would destroy the rubber blades. The windscreen can only be cleaned in the pits by wiping it clean or removing tear off´s.

11. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Maybe, but I would trade realism for less eye strain in this case.
    But washer have been a part of enduance racing. Not sure how much so today, but washers were on race cars in the past.
    I found references to washer bottles/tanks for GT2 race cars. In fact one in which the washer fluid tank was relocated to a different place in the car because they ran out of room for it in the stock fender location. So they put it behind a radiator intake scoop.
    Another where a guy is hunting for the original washer fluid reservoir for his GT40.

12. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Oh, how could I forget. Now I remember the guys of LeMans Radio joking about drivers complaining about the taste of their drinks. They said maybe it was interchanged with the washing fluid. ;)
    They do seem to have that kind of stuff, but I believe it is not very effective to clean the windscreen with the wipers, when there is oil, rubber and whatnot on it.

13. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I believe you are correct in saying that washers are not realistic any more. I believe they are no longer used, but I can't say for certain. I just don't find evidence of their use in modern GT-R cars.

But I pointed out in another thread about why the reflections/dirt doesn't work well in a video games (though it was said it does work well with 3D Vision). It was about real life focus points being well beyond the windscreen, so the eyes ignore most reflections/dirt on a real windscreen when driving. I paid close attention to this the day after posting it while driving a 50 mile trip up US19. My windscreen wasn't clean, but unless I actually looked at (focused on) the spots, I didn't notice them when driving. In daylight, I couldn't really see any reflections of the dash or objects inside in the car. At night, I can see them easier, but still, I have to focuse on them for them to 'stand out'. If I am focused ahead on the road, the reflections (like the dirty spots) fade away and aren't noticable.
    In games this is impossible, since the eyes are focused on the screen and everything on that screen is in focus, including the cars windscreen and any reflection/dirt added to it. Personally, it bothers my eyes and my enjoyment. I've been doing open wheel cars alot more because of this too, lol.

In my case, from my example posted above, I would select Dynamic Dirt On, but not Reflections On.
    Oh yeah, the fluid reservoir should be able to go dry if used too much but able to request it be refulled on pit stops.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
  14. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Exactly!

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The thing that bugs me about reflections is in cockpit at night with lights coming from behind, you are totally blinded as the windscreen catches all the light, this does'nt happen in real life...if it did we'd all be crashing as soon as the sun sets!!

16. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

10/10 would enjoy wiper fluid removing dirt. It gets to be too much unless you can clean it. Just implement realroad on the windscreen ;)

17. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Same here, hope in the 1.4x update the C6R gets a windshield. :)

18. MJP

MJP Registered

It has, I posted a video in the beta video thread, had 90+ views but no-one commented on the screen, maybe this little snippet at night will show up better after YouTube has done it's bit to destroy any visual quality lol.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

when did the C6R get updated to v1.4? missed that one and the official site states "Current version: 1.02 – Feb 2, 2013"

besides that windscreen still looks like a PITA to drive at night with lol

20. MJP

MJP Registered

It's in the Sampler install, along with Marussia v1.42.