No Track or Car Graphics in Race Mode

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by DNoon, Feb 3, 2013.

1. DNoon

DNoon Registered

So, I just purchased and installed the most recent version of RFactor2 (build 134), downloaded all 15 of the content files from ISI, and followed the instructions provided (downloaded and installed using the mod manager). Everything seems great until after a race is loaded. The actual racing screen shows the heads up display and text boxes, but no car or track! It's like driving with cataracts into a blurry blue and sandy brown horizon (or a starry night with nothing in front of you). The sound is great and the controls seem to work (you tend to crash the car while in 1st gear into "something" in front of you!)

Any advice? I'm sure this is a great game based on the hundreds (if not thousands) of wonderful screenshots on the web, but I want to see where I'm going and not end up like that cartoon character, Mr. Magoo.

I tried multiple combinations (and I mean MULTIPLE) of "configure sim" settings (such as turning on/off HDR, FXAA, Sync Type, and Anti Aliasing) using both the Configure Sim button on the launcher as well as within the game itself. I also reduced the graphic settings to the bare minimum.

Below is some of my system information, in case you're interested:

Model: iMac11,3
    CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 2.93 GHz
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 (2GB dedicated to Windows using Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac)
    Video: ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB (2560x1440 - 32-bit color)

OK, you can laugh, it's a Mac with Windows!

Thanks for any assistance!