No sounds at all, even in menu

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Racerbamf, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Racerbamf

Racerbamf Registered

I've just re-installed rFactor 2 within Steam. I loaded it up and did some laps and everything was working perfectly. I've downloaded the DX11 version (v1108-dx11-open-beta).

I figured I'd grab all of the DX11 mods (using Steam Workshop) and have fired up the game. Now it has no sounds, even in the menu. The game is totally mute.

Any ideas besides deleting everything and starting again. I'm on a pretty crappy internet connection and it took a few nights of downloading while I was asleep to get it this far. I really don't want to have to re-download it all again if possible.

Thanks.

2. muz_j

muz_j Registered

1) verify the game file integrity through steam and let that complete. Perhaps a file is missing or corrupted - based on your comment re: internet connectivity.
    2) confirm that another Directx 11 game is working correctly with sound, just to make sure it's not a DirectX or system problem of some kind.

...not sure. if everything is is working fine on your system audio wise, you'll need to work through possible causes methodically. Check Windows event logs after trying RF2, just in case something is being written there (application & system logs). look for RF 2 specific log files - and I'm not sure what it actually creates in terms of logs, but searching its directories and looking at file modification dates would be a fallback method to find which files have been recently written to and what diagnostic logs you might have to point you in the right direction.