SOLVED No sound in intro video after first rf2 start and sometimes quiet engine sound

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AFreak, Jan 24, 2023.

1. AFreak

AFreak Registered

I have noticed, that when I start rf2 the first time after a windows 11 boot, the intro video has no sound. After closing rf2 and restart it there is always sound from the intro video.

Sometimes there is a quiet engine sound. This happens not very often. Restarting the game fixes the quiet engine sound, but sometime I have to restart rf2 twice to fix it. This problem is there since the new sound engine exists. This problem is also reportet from other users on Discord (LFM, rf2).

I am using v1131 at the moment.

2. Zolillo

Zolillo Registered

Hi,
    same problem for me!
    I've tried almost everything, but it seem theres nothing can fix this problem.

davehenrie likes this.
  3. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

The start screen video background music starts about 50% of the time, otherwise it is silent.

As regards in-session sounds, and replays, it seems like sometimes there is some missing elements. For example, the BTCC cars have a very distinctive exhaust rasp on downshift, into brake zones. Sometimes this occurs only on my car, but not the AI cars.

4. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

the intro video has sound? LOL, never heard it, gonna make me start RF2 twice now on purpose!

edit: Ha. well there you go, it does have sound, the second time you load RF2. its a bit reminiscent of pc2 with the dramatic music, I like it.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

A quiet bit of music interspaced with distant engine sounds such as the rFPro.(in other words, a screaming V10)

6. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

yup just heard it, like the other users are reporting i don't hear it on first load, if i kill and restart RF2 I hear it the second time.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've experienced ingame loss of sound rarely, just enough to question it. I have also posted about sound corruption which hopefully I fixed by updating my motherboard's sound drivers. This new sound engine just seems a little wonky. Can't quite pinpoint exactly what it is...
    Almost like it I hear my engine, but delayed several seconds. But it goes back to normal time, so it could be I'm losing my local engine sound and hearing another nearby car.. I just don't know.
    OK, slowly tracking things down. First the reason I was getting confused is, as the sound faded out, I was getting trackside sounds and not the IMMERSIVE ones. I had changed that at some point trying to see if the issues went away. However, just changing to immersive did NOT fix the car's sound fading out...just made it more logical in my head.
    Next, I still had sound issues(ARC SteelSeries via onboard sound) so I borrowed my son's headset, a Razer Blacksharkv2 with an inline USB soundcard. After getting the headset configured in windows, I ran rF2 without any further issues. I've been at this point several times now, where I THINK I had solved the sound corruption problems, so, who knows if this is my final cure.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    CeeBee likes this.