No sound at all in rF2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by hexagramme, Sep 20, 2014.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This is quite an absurd problem and one I need help with quickly. Haven't even had a chance to try out the new build because of it.
    I've never experienced something quite like it...

As the title says, I have no sound at all in the sim.
    No menu sounds and no race sounds, nothing. Complete silence.

Today I auto updated the sim to the new build, no problems at all.
    Everything went smooth, no errors.
    I loaded up the sim and went on track, everything worked as it should.

Then I quit, and downloaded/installed the new Spotter 1.0 plugin.
    Booted up the sim again, 370z's at Indy'07.
    In the beginning I had sound. As soon as the new plug-in loaded however, all sound was cut and has never returned.

I tried exiting an re-entering the sim. I tried rebooting the PC.
    I tried uninstalling the plug-in. I tried reinstalling an older version of the plug-in.
    I tried fiddling with sound settings left and right, but all to no avail.
    I also tried restarting my sound card.

I then tried installing the lite installer (core+data) over the top of my installation of rF2. Still no sound.
    I should mention that all other sounds on my PC are fine, music, other games/sims etc.

I simply can't fathom how a plugin could do such damage? What can I do to make the sound return?? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:
    Okay this is really getting weird! If I start rF2 in 32bit mode the sound is back!?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Go back and check your rF2 sound settings are setup correctly.

Check through your root folder to make sure the plugin didn't create other files. You might have to delete them if the plugin did so.

Just brainstorming here btw.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks mate, anything is really appreciated at this point, seeing how my installation is basically ruined for the time being.

I've played around with the sound settings in the sim, can't see what the problem could be there.

I'm fairly sure I've cleaned out everything associated with the culprit plugin. Should not be anything left.

I've also removed all other plugins to make sure that nothing is colliding in any way.

I just can't fathom why the sound would work fine in 32 bit but not in 64 bit?

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I going to bump this, as I'm getting quite desperate.
    I have no sound at all still... Any ideas?

5. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Did you try a complete and fresh install from scratch? I know it's heavy (backup package, tweaked files, etc.) but I don't see another solution here. I had sounds problem with a previous build, my skids sounds was gone, and Lite installer on top didn't fix it, only a fresh and complete res-installation (using even CCleaner for registry and remaining files).

I read both threads and to me it look like a Spotter pluggin problem which broke something, or I missed a point?

Good luck, I understand how painful this should be...

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks so much for your reply man!

I have solved it now by reinstalling the drivers for my Edirol sound device.
    I have no clue how the Spotter plug-in could have messed it up so badly, but it did.

My fear was, like you said, having to do that tedious task of starting fresh.
    I don't at all feel comfortable doing that, so many things can be lost and go wrong if you're not 100p vigilant.

Thankfully the problem is solved for now. I'll just steer well clear of that particular plug-in.

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Good :) You know, perhaps the Pluggin didn't destroy something important with your sound card. It could be just a tiny small setting somewhere, and the driver re-installation set it again with its default value so you're fine.

Anyway, cool for you now all is fine :)

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm not sure of anything. All I know is that all sound disappeared the very moment that particular plugin loaded. I had been no track moments before without the plugin with no problems.

No clue though. :)

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2