No Helmet in TV-Cam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WonderTomee, Dec 21, 2023.

1. WonderTomee

WonderTomee Registered

Hello,

I'm pretty new in the rFactor 2 world and i need some help. I played tons of hours with rFactor one. In TV-CAM mode no matter what cars i used Helmet was visible. in rFactor 2 I can't see it at all..I'm not sure if it's a graphical bug or i pressed something but it just doesn't show up. I attached a few examples with max FOV to show you that it's not there.. Could you please help? It's so bad that I can't see the helmets :(

Many thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It's only loading the cockpit instance, which doesn't include the helmet.

3. WonderTomee

WonderTomee Registered

So it means there is 0 chance for me to see Helmet with TV-Cam?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Nobody(by that I mean ME so = NOBODY!!!) drives from the airbox. By HELMET to you mean the outer shell or the Visor cam where you can see the inside of the decal on the top of the face-shield? That is mod specific. I think the F3 mod has it if you want to test.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Might be for replays?

And wanting the internal helmet for tv cam? How likely does that sound to you?

6. WonderTomee

WonderTomee Registered

I was looking for something like the official TV-cams from Formula One:[​IMG]

So you can see the top of it.. i'm driving from this camera for many years (mostly rF1 and official F1 titles) but it seems impossible in rF2 :( That's what im exactly looking for.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

True.
    See? That is my personal extreme bias against camera views outside of the cockpit. You raise good points, points I didn't even consider.

8. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You would have to add it to the cockpit instance, and then tweak the lod in so that it didn't obscure your view.

9. redapg

redapg Registered

Normally, each Car has a LocalCam=TVCOCKPIT in it's cam File.
    I would suggest to use that, move it to the wanted Position and edit other Values if needed, as @Coutie has said already.

10. WonderTomee

WonderTomee Registered

So if i understand it correctly, the helmet is not part of chassis, that's why i can't see it, but can be turned on inside the mod file (in the cam file especially) ?

11. redapg

redapg Registered

The Inside of the Helmet (it is called "Visor" in rF2), like you'd would see it in Reality, is only visible in Cockpit View.
    Requirement is, that the Car that you use has a Visor Mod integrated.
    But you did ask for the TV Camera Position that you want to have and so i answered to that and with that you can not have the Helmets Inside being visible.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@WonderTomee you want to see the outside of the helmet, correct?

13. redapg

redapg Registered

I also understood it in that Way, so i answered to it:

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, I read your post too. I'm asking so we know if we only need to worry about one thing, instead of addressing 2 topics and potentially confusing things.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think you would have to copy the lines of code that other cars use to display the helmet and then extract the cockpit instance from one of the .mas files and THEN insert those lines into the correct spot in the instance file which would then have to be rebuilt into a new MAS file.
    Hopefully someone far smarter than me will be able to help and do the work for you, because if you are not familiar with poking around rF2, it is a lot more daunting than even rF1.

16. redapg

redapg Registered

@WonderTomee It is a good Idea what @davehenrie did suggest.
    If you want, give me the Link to a Mod that you use and for that you want to have the shown TV-Cockpit View and i will create an Update rfcmp for it, with a modified Cam File, as an Example.
    That's better, than to write about it, over a lot of Posts. :)

17. WonderTomee

WonderTomee Registered

Hey! Many thanks for you and the others for the help. :) The mod we'd like to use is the F1 2009 FSONE v1.01. https://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=4799.0
    Another thing. Is it difficult to edit the car performances to equal? not sure about that part of mod editing. If it's not too complicated, can you help me with that as well?

Many thanks in advance.

18. redapg

redapg Registered

I could not use the TV Cockpit Cam, because it doesn't show the Helmet, what it did in the Past, when i remember it right.
    I have taken an "Outside" Cam now, that you can select by hitting the Key Pos1 (default Key) on your Keyboard 2 Times.
    I did make it for the Williams only (Screenshot below).

I edited the Position Value of the Camera "LocalCam=ONBOARD001 // FORWARD FACING T-CAM" in the WILLIAMSF1_CAMS.CAM from
    PositionOffset=(0.076787, 0.527682, 0.874445)
    to
    PositionOffset=(0.0, 0.527682, 0.62)
    The 1st Value is for left/right and 0.0 is the Center and the 3rd Value is for for-/backward and the Scheme is
    (+Left-Right, +Up-Down, +Back,-Forward)

Download the below linked rfcmp File, remove .txt from the End of the File Name, put it into your Packages Folder and install it.
    It is the Version F1_2009_FSONE1.01TVC

With the Performance, it depends on the Structure of Mods, how much Work it is to make the Physics equal.
    In Case of the FSONE 2009, all Cars use the same hdv (main Physics) File, so they should have the same Physics.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: