No Gear Change possible

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Christian Wolter, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I have a problem in the Formula Renault mod suddenly no gear change is possible, I can change gears without any problems and I also see that the gears are changed in the game, but the Car remains at about 100km/h (so i the first Gear) even when I change to Automatic Gearing it is the same Problem. The problem exists only in Formula Renault, I have uninstalled the mod, but nothing helps, someone knows the problem? Thanks in advance.

2. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

In the controls menu try searching for Pit (speed) limiter.. Assign a button to that and when driving out of the pits, press that button. The speed limiter is deactivated and you can start racing..

3. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Hi Thanks for the Answer, but this is not the Problem, the Pit Limiter is off, i can change the Gears but the Car behaves as if the first gear used...

4. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Hmm, that makes little sense. Could you try letting the AI take over control for a while [i key by default I think], and then take over yourself again?

5. MJP

MJP Registered

Check the gearing in the garage, see if they're all set really short. I suspect you're trying to load a setup from a different (fixed gear ratios) car.

6. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

would be interested to see a video of it happening.. you could record with FRAPS or just off-screen with your mobile phone, just to give us an idea what's happening