No FFB on Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS wheel and Clubsport V1 pedals

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by John Stetson, Mar 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. John Stetson

John Stetson Registered

This is an older wheel, but it works fine in all my other sims. (rfactor, Race 07, Raceroom, Assetto Corsa, Project cars, GT legends, Live for Speed, and Netkar pro) A couple of years back it worked fine on Rfactor 2 also, but I think that may have been on Windows 8. Not sure if I ever ran it on Windows 10. I've been trying for 2 weeks now to figure this out with no luck and I have found nothing on google to help. I've edited the Controller.json file every which way but loose with no luck. I've also deleted it. I've tried disabling steam controller input and selecting in windows device advanced properties, use Porsche wheel with older games. All of the assists are turned off in the game also. The wheel works fine and all controls are assignable but no force feedback. It shows up in the game as Porsche wheel. When I hit detect it says there are no matching profiles, even though there is a Fanatec Porsche GT3 wheel listed. Must be a different model. Interestingly enough the wheel does vibrate like vibrations from the engine, but it does this even if I turn off the force feedback.
    This is my favorite sim to drive and even driving it without force feedback is better than most of my other sims. I did subscribe to several tracks in the workshop. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. May have to try unsubscribing. Attached is a trace file I generated. Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

John

Attached Files:

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@John Stetson I guess never say never, but subscribed/installed content shouldn't affect something like FFB.

I see you've tried a fresh controller.json, maybe try moving the entire UserData folder out, verify rF2 files in steam, then try again.

Any firmware updates available for the wheel?

The trace shows the game saying it picked up 0 degrees rotation from the wheel driver, but if that's unusual for fanatec wheels it could just be a symptom of what you've already tried - not sure.

On a fresh UserData I'd maybe try not detecting or loading a profile at all, just assign controls and set the FFB options. Just not sure how that goes with fanatec wheels.

3. John Stetson

John Stetson Registered

That was a good idea to try Lazza and I actually thought it might work because there were 45 files it had to reacquire after validating the files. Interestingly, when I loaded up on a fresh userdata it wasn't recognizing any input from my wheel and would not let me assign anything. It did automatically load the Fanatec Porsche GT3 profile and identified my wheel as a Porsche wheel, even though I did not try to detect any wheel manually, but would not let me assign anything or recognize any pedals. I then exited out and opened Fanatec controller and moved my pedals and wheel. Then when I went back into Rfactor 2 it allowed me to assign all inputs but still no force feedback when driving. New trace file.

Attached Files:

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This may take someone with more Fanatec knowledge to fix (maybe there's some tricks I don't know), but only other thing I can think of is try setting Use Thread to :false in the controller JSON file (whichever you're using). I can't imagine that will actually help, but it's something...

5. John Stetson

John Stetson Registered

Thanks for your help. The use thread was already false. I changed it to true but still no ffb. I guess I'll have to try emailing support to see if they can help.

6. guille36

guille36 Registered

Mi volante Level Up Racing Pro GT (económico) no vibra (FFB) en el juego. En otros juegos vibra perfectamente. ¿Alguien sabe alguna solución? En primer lugar, ¡Gracias!

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just an FYI, here is my line from a trace.txt for my Fanatec CS v2.5

46.06s hwinput.cpp 8572: Failed to read steering wheel from driver, using default maximum angle of 900 degrees.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's pretty normal, and likely not related to FFB working or not.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is what I expected.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know how common that wheel is, but you'd be best starting a new thread - posting in threads regarding other wheels will only make things confusing, and probably require different solutions.