No dynamic shadow in the cockpit and undershadow not working.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by MaD_King, Jan 13, 2013.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

On my mod I have no shadow moving in the cockpit.
    I checked my GMT export options, my material properties, my .gen attributes for GMT to compare with the ISI 370Z elements, and tested seral modification, and nothing change in my cockpit. No shadow :(

Tested on my two different cars and same result, no dynamic shadow in cockpit. My shadow option in game are on Maximum possible.

Is their a tips in rF2 to make them working?

Same for the undershadow GMT, I notice this change in rF2 instead of undershadow texture. I taken the GMT of the 370 and put in my .gen, and no undershadow visible. Tested with Shadow in max, and the step lower.

Is their a tips in rF2 to make them working?

Build 134 in ModDev and In Single Player on LRP track.
    In this video I clearly view the shadows moving in the cockpit, on my cars, nothing :(
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1637-rfactor-2-beta-video-s?p=132798&viewfull=1#post132798

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

You have closed car? I had the same problem becase windows made complet shadow to my cockpit and didnt allow any light to come inside. Check in gen at cockpit whit windows and try ShadowCaster=False

For undershadow try some from other car like gtr or megane maybe. I know that some have weak alphas and are not really visible or maybe try to adjust alpha.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
  3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes it's two closed cars, For the ShadowCaster=False I think I tested, but I will check again. In my last tests I put in comment my windows inside GMT, and not change in cockpit (but invisible window).

I will test another GMT for the undershadow / alpha tweak to see if I see a change.

Thank you for your help, I'll back when new tests done

4. UnitedRacingDesign

Ah i just remembered one thing. Some parts from other Instance= parts are beeing used in cockpit for example the body, wings, just no debris so if you added something there like windows it will shadow youre cockpit and will not allow light to come inside in cockpit view.
    This is new in rf2 as we dont need to do separeted body for example for cockpit view. This kinda stuff must now be done diferent way and detached. Like ISI cars you should add separeted Instance=windows for the exterior windows.

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

So if I understand well, on my body (that include the windows for exterior view) I have the separate windows to get two separated 3D/GMT objects (one for body without windows, and one for external windows?

The other elements are debris/wing and are separated elements from the body.
    And there is specific GMT for the cockpit view (a part of the hood, a part of the external doors for example), I have the remove or make something special in .gen?

I will try to put minimum of object in my gen to check if others object impact the cockpit shadows.

6. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes, separete windows from body and make own instance. Body is added automaticly to cockpit view, no need to add it there.

For other parts like hood you use fwing, this will show up to in cockpit, everything is shows up in cockpit view not except any debris instance.
    If you add some special instance to gen like windows, chassis or something than you add manualy to cockpit and any debris instance must be added manualy to cockpit to.

I hope ISI will add option for debris parts to show up in cockpit automaticly to, especially so doors will fly away in cockpit to and not only on exterior view. Atleast something like Showincockpit=True or False options would be good.

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

So I tested and working !!!

I got already inside windows separated GMT in the cockpit instance with ShadowCaster=False

I detached the windows polygons associated to my wcwindow material from my body to create associated to body lods windows objects.

I added my exported windows_lodx.gmt in my BODY_IN instance with the same lod distance from body lods (MAX, HIGH, ...), width this attributes in .gen : ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) Reflect=True
    And all working well !!

Thank you Ales

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  8. UnitedRacingDesign

Great i could help :)

9. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Now I'm on the undershadow, I took the the NissanGTR GMT and no change, I updated the alpha channel of the associated texture and resized it, no change :(

I tested with the GMT of the Z and Skip Barker, no change. I have no shadow under my car when I'm far the car with setting Shadow High in game, there is no shadow after about 100m (the dynamic shadow disappear and no undershadow visible).

10. UnitedRacingDesign

That the shadow disaper after 100m seem to be game settings. But that you dont get the undershadow to work im not sure why actually. I used to test the Nissan ones and megane before and worked. After i did new one worked to and its done same as others.
    There seem to be overall problems whit undershadow sofar as i had problems on max settings to that track side object shadows moved along whit car few times to.

11. geg

geg Registered

Hello MaD_King

I am just curious :rolleyes: on what car are you working on? And will they be public?

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Hello, if I don't give any information in my questions (no screen and no car names), it's because I don't want to tell on what car I work :). For the moment no plan to release in public, and It's for experiment and be able to help on the mods around me (see my signature). So this can lead to public release or not, depending on the improvements done in rF2 to match to our level expectation.

So I work on cars I know well to be able to compare and judge the new work to do for rF2 than rF1 (to estimate needed time added for new feature/differences).
    In the current state of the evaluation, I have too blocking elements compared to rF1 to have in mind a short term release.

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I tested with the 370 Z in Single Player mode, and there is the same bug on the Z, so I prepare and wait for a fix from ISI :)