No Controller Vibration Please Can you Help?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sandra Honeyman, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Sandra Honeyman

Sandra Honeyman Registered

I have over 600 hours in rFactor 2, it is one of my favourite sims. I have a good wheel and pedals but I can't use them often as I have heart failure and find using all four limbs at the same time very tiring. So I play with a controller these days. It's been a very long time since controller vibration worked. I have tried Mantazzo's fixed as found on Steam. It worked two years ago. But a year ago or so it stopped working. I have 12 controllers (I have OCD) of all sorts, the best examples, Xbox Elites 1 and 2, Scuff, Playstation and a number of quality 3rd party examples. None of them have vibration in rFactor 2.

I have invested a lot of money in rF2. I have bought every DLC. Having no controller feedback makes the sim so much less enjoyable, so much so I don't really want to play it anymore.

Studio 397 PLEASE help me enjoy the game once again. Surely it can't be too hard to enable controller vibration. Please.

2. Sandra Honeyman

I see from some comments on steam that some controller users DO have vibration by default. What can I possibly do.?

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Let me do some testing, I have an Xbox 360 controller, I'll let you know if it works or not.

4. Sandra Honeyman

No help from anyone? Really?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

@Coutie is looking into it, he is an official S397 dev so I'm guessing anyone else is waiting for his report. I doubt you will find too many here that use controllers. Most, but not all, use wheels & pedals which won't help your issues unfortunately. I have an Xbox controller but only use it as a button box.
    I do recall several years ago there was some discussion about the Xbox controllers only PARTIALLY being supported. i.e. they work, but not all functions(like FFB) may or may not work.

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I did look into it, I don't believe there was any rumble support ever, all the fake FFB effects were removed after rf1, and that was the only way they would have worked.