No Chrome!!!

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by flyfisho, Mar 5, 2019.

1. flyfisho

flyfisho Registered

So all of a sudden i cant have chrome on my Bentley. I had it in game before and now it wont let me.
    In tuning it all looks fine but in game its black. I then jump out of the game and back into tuning and its black and wont let me change it to chrome.!!!
    So what gives? i have not changed anything?

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Nope! Can't help ya.
    Spend the past hour screwing with the Bentley and had no issue with Chrome or any other region setting.
    I use ALPHA on the Region DDS "All" the time! and have no issue with it. The fact is if you don't use a Alpha (save DXT5 with Alpha) you loose a region that is available in the carpainteditor. I don't care what the S397 Tutorial said.

I haven't been able to reproduce your issue so have no idea on a fix for you. I'd need to see all the maps, The body (livery) the Region map you have made and the Alpha map the car is using.

I have found it doesn't hurt to refresh the editor at times, you may find the changes you made may not have updated the json and refreshing the browser editor reads the json as it's refreshing so you get a true over view of what the json setting are.

3. flyfisho

flyfisho Registered

This is the skin i have been racing for over two weeks with chrome on it an now its gone!

4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Someone else was having a similar issue but that was straight up, it just didn't work at all. But it was similar that the chrome worked in the showroom but went black on track and stayed that way when going back to the showroom.
    His fix was he found the reflection was turned off in the Global setting.There was a Win 10 update just recently so it might be worth a look at that.