No Cars Or Tracks

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by lenyj1963, Jan 11, 2012.

1. lenyj1963

lenyj1963 Registered

I purchased RF2 But There's No Tracks Or Car

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

3. NeckofRedness

NeckofRedness Registered

I have the same problem.Nothing on that link helped because I have dropped the files in the packages folder and still nothing. I thought some tracks came with rF2.

4. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Did you drop those files into the package folder, THEN start the game, go to the series section, and actually install those mods? Just dropping the .rfmod files into "packages" isn't enough...

5. lenyj1963

lenyj1963 Registered

You have to arrange the files in the core of Rfactor

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

my documents/rfactor2/packages

Put all of those files you have into that folder. Go into game/series. Click on install for each series. Enjoy the drive.

7. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Drop the mods you want in the /my documents/rfactor2/packages.

Then fire up rFactor2 launcher and you see, on the bottom right, this:

View attachment 421

Select "Manage Mods". Then right-click on the mod that you want to install and select "install".

Alan

8. michborg

michborg Registered

the same problem for me, I only see the mod 60
    I used both the first and the second option but I do not see inside documents/rfactor2/packages
    uploaded files.

9. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

What do you mean by "I do not see inside documents/...."?

After downloading the mod(s), put them in /packages, then do as indicated above.

Alan

10. Radar

Radar Registered

I had the same problem guys.. Only way I could fix the problem (and does seem random) was to uninstall, and reinstall. Drop the *.rfmod files in the Packages directory again (location where you installed the game ie c:\games\rFactor2\Packages ) once in that directory, do what they have said above, launch the rF2 Launcher, click the 'Manage Mods'.

Now you should see some like an excel speadsheet open with the mods, highlight each one at a time, right click will bring up a pull down menu with one saying Install. Click this to install the said mod.

Once you have done this for all 4 mods that are currently out, one of which will show an * next to the mod on the left hand column, this indicates that the mod has an update available. Do the same again, right click, but now click Update (or upgrade, can't remember).

You now should have all the mods install with one of them being v1.1 with the others being v1.0.

Hope that helps.

11. lenyj1963

lenyj1963 Registered

There Are absolutely no car or tracks in my purchased product. When I go to file and click on Package nothing is there. When I click Manage Mod the proceeding screen says "All cars and Tracks 1.0"

12. shyha

shyha Registered

Did you download other mod packages? If not then download them. If yes, start ModManager, click Open, go to folder where are your downloaded files (or copy them to your rfactor2 install folder\packages), then you should see all mods with flags (Installed=Yes or No). Rightclick the ones where there is No and select Install, and then on Formula Renault 3.5 also select Update to make it version 1.1

You say you only see All Tracks & Cars and this is just a base rF2 install. If you don't see the rest it means - you didn't download rfmod packages, there were errors during download or download hasn't finished yet. Or you might have selected wrong folder.

Hope it helps. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  13. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

you need to also right click & hit 'update'