No Cars or Tracks installed

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Steve Olden, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

Hi, can anybody help with this little(hopefully) issue...

not played rF2 for a week or so. Started it up at the weekend and did an online race. Finished that then went to single player and had some strange car name and a track called "Banana Peel Racetrack" selected, don't remeber installing that one, anyhoo went to change it an got big black box with message "No car and/or Track Installed".

All my content is still showing in the list at the start of the game.

has anyone had this before? what has happened, what do I need to do? - (very new to PC's and rF2.)

some help would be appreciated.
    20180211231602_1.jpg 20180211231607_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, not sure on a fix (it's probably something simple, if you know how), but the Banana Peel race track is a placeholder. As far as I know it doesn't exist except as a name written into the UI files. So when there's literally nothing being loaded (no tracks installed/found) it stays there. I know I've seen a post on this very topic, I just can't remember where...

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Found the one I was thinking of, but it's not a lot of help... he just says he reinstalled a few times and then it was fixed...

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/efactor2.58700/

There have been a few instances of people not having a Packages folder in their rF2 folder, but I don't know if it would cause this. Did a reboot help? :p

4. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

Thanks Lazza,

I discovered how to validate the game files and apparently 7 files had gone missing. Steam has now reloaded them and it's all back working again.