no acceleration out of pit lane and the limiter is off

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Fred Bassett, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Fred Bassett

Fred Bassett Registered

Hi there.
    I have what seemed like a simple question but no matter what I try and read on Rfactor forums, I can't get an answer.

I have a G920 that works fine with AC and Raceroom but when I come out of the pits in RF2, I have no acceleration at all, nothing. I have turned the pit limiter off as well.. Been on this for 2hrs and no joy.. any ideas?
    Any help greatly appreciated

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you driving the pitlane yourself?

Check that all the assists (except autoclutch if you want it, maybe tc/abs if you need them) are off so they don't interfere with things.

Go into the controller settings (or 'calibration') and make sure your throttle is registering full when you push it all the way.

If you're seeing that you're switching off the pit limiter (so you see on the message box that it's off, and you aren't accidentally switching it straight back on), I can't think of anything else that should affect it. Some more specifics - which car? What speed is it stopping at?

Fred Bassett likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Lazza mentioned the message box, make sure that is enabled so that you see notices near the lower left corner of the screen.
    Then, if you have AUTO PIT enabled in the difficulty section, that will automatically turn off the pitlane speed limiter when you reach pit out. And you MAY be simply just re-enabling the limiter when you think you are actually turning it off. But the message center should be telling you if it's on or off in any event. (oh, and since you are new, we won't invoke the $5 rule. Anyone who claims their gear works perfectly in other sims must put $5 in the kitty. Also users who suggest that some bug can be easily fixed in a short amount of time....$10. The jar is getting rather full of bills)

Fred Bassett likes this.
  4. Fred Bassett

Fred Bassett Registered

Yep done auto pit and driven it myself. Message box says "pit limiter off" when I press the button for that. I'll pay about with the calibration a bit. It's happened with 4 cars so far, Audi, BMW, Aston and Ferrari and on different tracks.

When you have the limiter on in the pits the cars just going along nicely at pit lane speed but as soon as you come out, there is no acceleration so basically the speed just drops to zero over part of the lap. There is nothing there when you hit the accelerator. Don't know if that helps or not.

I do have a question about the calibration of the pedals. I found that section to be a little confusing in how to calibrate them. I'm using calibration via Ghub for it right now. Couldn't really find anything online re the calibration section. Anything, in particular, I should look for to learn what to do?

Btw, I will also double check that the brake and clutch are actually working. Can't remember if I tried that yesterday evening. If not, then I may have my answer. The wheel and buttons are working fine

5. Fred Bassett

Fred Bassett Registered

Ok, so it's the calibration of the wheel. The pedals are not calibrated it would seem. The wheel is though. I have nothing from the pedals. I even went back to the profiles in the Logitech gaming software and clicked for RF2 thinking that might do something but it doesn't. I've used the Windows 10 controller software in a variety of combinations to try and make these pedals work but nothing.

Ok basic question. What's a great way to calibrate pedals in RF2, please? I thought I read in the June road map that something was going to change on calibration but it's not yet. As before, any help really appreciated. It's really starting to bug me. I have the G920 from Logitech.

Should it matter if the USB for the wheel to the PC is plugged into USB2 or 3?

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Oh yeah, that helps. Make sure that first your pedals are ASSIGNED to the throttle and brake and clutch. Then go to the calibration screen and verify they are all operting properly, the graphs fill in as you press the pedals. To calibrate you have press and hold the throttle. While holding it fully depressed, click on the SET MAX button. Release the pedal and press SET MIN. Any slider below those graphs should be at or near the center.

Fred Bassett likes this.
  7. Fred Bassett

Fred Bassett Registered

Ok, we are now getting somewhere. I think you davehenrie have fixed the problem - brb

You have fixed it. Thank you!!! I just could not figure it out and have been out of the sims for a few years. I go back to Geoff Cramond and the original Microprose F1 and Sports Car GT times. Too much work for years and then got the Xbox X last year and I have to say the Xbox is so much easier, plug it in and off you go but I always liked PC racing more. Again, THANK YOU! this has been bugging the heck out of me on and off for days inc 4hrs today.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    davehenrie likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Consoles have only one master to serve. PC's must obey dozens. The PC will never be as simple as a console, but the reverse is also true. The console will lack some of the complexity possible with a PC. I am pleased we figured this out for you. Often one sentence from a story is the key and that was the case with you. When you described the car's behavior as you exited the pits, I was fairly confident we had a solution. Happy 4th and enjoy your sims!

9. Fred Bassett

Fred Bassett Registered

One last question dave. I've been having a lot of fun going through the tracks and cars this afternoon. Out of 15 tracks I've raced on today, 2 were an issue with no movement from the car again like the wheel and pedals weren't calibrated when clearly they are. (Longford and Sebring). Any tips on how I can make them work? I went through all the calibrations again but all the other tracks and 9 or 10 cars were fine. It appears to be a track thing and not a car thing.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I dunno. If one track works the others should as well. So perhaps those two tracks are corrupted...but to my mind, even if the track is scrambled, the car should be still behaving like at other tracks. I guess try unsubscribing from Sebring and Longford and then exiting out of Steam to windows. Then restart Steam and those two tracks should re-install. I have no idea if that will help.

11. Fred Bassett

Fred Bassett Registered

That's my thoughts too. I'll delete and re-add.. again, thanks for all your help yesterday