Nice vid from empty box

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

It just means that too much people can't think by themselves and need someone to tell them what to think. I'm not sure if that's sad, or worrying.

2. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

you have point,but he is not gona change my view of sim racing in any aspect..to be clear i dont mean just EB,all of those guy wich trying to be popular over youtube and geting LIKES as much they can..thats funny for me
    i know how game work and i know where i ask questions i need..

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Why is there always so many arguments about who thinks what? Altho EB is a youtuber about Simracing, i dont think its really neccessary to create a new forum thread just because he made a video about rF2. His opinions about the sim are his and yours are yours, insulting each other on various websites is just endless nonsence. EB is looking for at all times available quality racing with other people, thats why his most common SIM to play is probably iRacing, because iRacing platform provides this the best, many other people look for serious leagues and racing the same group of people about whom they know they are high quality racers, for that you need to join a racing leaguje/club/group, and for that rF2 is better but EB doesnt want to have to come every friday night and race what his league decided to race, thats not what hes looking for at most times, so thats why rF2 is not the most suitable for his expectations.

As he says "When rF2 works all included, its probably the best sim out there", i honestly dont know what more do you want, becuase if he would have said anymore, he would lie.

Altho i have all respect to EB, i dont think attention of kinds of creating forum threads for each of his videos are neccessary, it only creates room to agrue, insult and fight.

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

some truly astounding comments here

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I like people that can drive all combos across sims and produce interesting and smooth footage.

Racers like Empty and Baronesbc do this very competently.

I often see reviews rating barely 5 or 10 aspects and broad generalization.

What I would like to see is more in-depth reviews covering many more aspects and individual features ..... and from perspectives of the casual driver, regular on-liner and hardcore racer. ;)

6. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

im nobody..and im not making videos and comments about games..so i want to know who is he or they,if he is so much in sim racing.again LIKES and SUBSCRIBES..what a funny world we are.so if he have 5milion views he is good if not NO good?so i must start look at views\likes and my world will be better :) ok thx
    marketing yea i forgot this,everyone know how rf2 should saling their product and what they need for better marketing\sales..are all of you went to economic school?im sure ISI have they ways and they marketing guy so i dont care for marketing of rf2(or any sim),i bought rf2 for driving

7. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

+1

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

There's good & bad points in every title, most of us have some mixed views ( good & bad ) also which are just our opinions,
    Think this video is fairly positive & ( if it gets a good qty of views ) good coverage for rf2

I'm glad that EB took the time to make it & post it

9. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i know I've been guilty of this…

but i think most of us get so hung up on whether its realistic by the numbers, physics and rules, that we just forget how to have fun, and if it feels good to us. I personally think the 370z doesn't handle like a real car, feels bloody awful, yet the clio and megane are spot on for me. Thats just my opinion and thats all.

Sometimes its just nice to hear other opinions to get a broader view.

Absolutly nothing wrong with posting these vids as long as there constructive, and EBS is.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

By that logic there would be no need for any game reviews made by anyone, because every review is subjective.

11. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

Wow and that's after a video giving a rather positive impression of rF2. And like said earlier even rF2 Twitter point to that video, guessing that if it was totally out of line they wouldn't encourage it no?

12. Emery

Emery Registered

Word in your ear: ISI's default setups, for whatever reason, are seldom ideal, so make your own setup and the cars will drive how you want them to drive.

13. Miro

Miro Registered

Ahhh wrong thread lol

14. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Well yes, especially since some (most of ?) companies are buying, one way or another, good reviews from those game review magazines / websites / blogs.

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Empty Hea... I mean Box... usually has his head in the right place, is pleasantly critical and gives credit when credit is due.
    Good video, watched it this morning with the AC 1.1 + nordschleife vids. I don't agree with everything, but most of it.

Kunos to... I mean KUDOS to ISI for job well done, really great to see the labour bearing as tasty fruit as it has with the last couple of updates.
    Can't wait for cross the board implementations and what do you guys have up in your sleeves for us next!

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Wouldn't it be nice if the cars started shipping with 3 to 4 stock setups? I'm thinking NR2003 here.

17. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

To clarify just in case my "Sad" post confused any, I was referring to the criticality of VR in the "sim racing" community ; NOT empty's video. I have updated that post also.

18. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Most serious simracers don't think it's critical. It's mostly people who only got interested in simracing due to VR and certain youtubers who sadly capitalize on that audience, perpetuating disinformation about rF2 and what simracing is all about.

19. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

The video was full of back-handed compliments.

I wouldn't call this a favorable video.

20. Golanv

Golanv Registered

That was actually done with the Dallara and I was kinda hoping that this practice would continue in the future.
    I can only see benefits from this, accessability, ease of finding a good base setup for ones driving style per vehicle, more in this case would be merrier, think maybe in context with fast track, medium track, slow track setup profiles, wouldn't actually add too much to ISI work load, to mention just a few...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.