Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Meh i have to be in every saturday sitting my kids whilst the misses works. My social life ended 8 years ago tbh

2. Mulero

Mulero Registered

iRacing is a finished game so it is normal to have a few updates.

Right now the most important thing is to solve this problem and needed upgrades and advance step by step. There will be time to enjoy the racing and solve new content when everything is wrong, which is something.

@ Fonismo

I understand that're tired of hearing about CARS in all threads, but with AC and GTR3 games are intended to compete with RF2 for the podium in the SimRacing during the coming years. It is normal to compare them to each other continuously and this comparison is good for everyone.

CARS has opened a door can not close or ignore, control may not be very good now, but graphically impressive. I say this not only by how well you see, the game has many small details about why you look so good. Damage, dirt cars, particles, reflections ...

Right now the difference CARS in this section is abysmal. It's like comparing a PS2 game with a PS4 game. And not just with CARS, the little that has been AC looks great, even GTR3 is much better than RF2.

In the end what we all want is to enjoy a game with the highest possible quality. If the end does not reach the levels of CARS graphics nothing happens, but what can not be, is that closer to rFactor that any of its rivals.

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Right and that's fair enough and for the last time i think we have all agreed and i have agreed with Maxy that yes indeed pCARS looks good but so what? Without wanting to start another debate because i am tired of this title. What good is that when it drives like a dog? Just for the record i have used pCARS, i was there from the beginning but i felt after a few months it was going backwards rather than forwards in terms of what i was looking for. I don't trust SMS in the slightest and have no faith that they will get it right after taking their previous titles into consideration so i gave up on it. I don't like the SMS way of thinking when it comes to feel in a sim.

AC and GTR3 are differnet as they have a pedigree behind them with previous titles, inpaticular Kunos with NKP, both rF1 and NKP have been my sims of choice for the last 6 or so years.

4. Bogboy

Bogboy Registered

P cars is kicking the **** out of rf2 in single player
    when it goes online i wont be arsed with rf2

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

comparing pcars to rF2 is a joke really. I'm not going to hate on pCars but I'm really starting to think that the ones who are comparing these two titles are trolling. pCars is going for a MILLION copies sold across pc and console. I don't know what ISI expects to get out of sales but I guarantee you it's not even close to a million copies. Also ISI is concentrating on the pc platform only. ISI has worked with professional racing teams, has a PROVEN phsyics engine and is modder friendly. You just can't compare these two.

Seriously now guys, if you want ISI to change rF2 into pCars it isn't going to happen.

I've heard SMS did Ferrari Racing Legends or something similar. How's that looking? :p

6. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Judging by your profile pic I'd say you're the kind of guy that loves to be arsed.

7. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

So.. do you think they want too sell less copies than rf1?

Hmm. Proven engine? With all lacks in this area? If I were you I would try to be more objective.
    And finally no one is comparing those titles. We are comparing some selected features.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2012
  9. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

[​IMG]

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

If you think ISI's physics engine sucks then it would be better for your sanity to move on. Maybe your next choice to constantly complain about will be a title which uses ISI's physics engine as well. :p

For a crappy physics engine alot of developers sure like to use it.

11. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

No, I never said that ISI physics engine suxx. Read my post again.

As well as SMS ;)

What about those million copies? Nothing more to say? You just talk b*s without any responsibility.

12. FONismo

FONismo Registered

+1 but LOL Spyder. Why someone would have that pic is beyond me

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Did rF sell a million copies?! Wow I didn't know that. That's impressive. If that's the case I guess over how many years it took to get there I would assume ISI is going for the same amount of copies sold.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Do we really have to start arguing in here? One troll and it starts of copious amounts of crappy posts. Say pCARS has nice graphics as much as you like, i'm used to it with Maxy anyway. I just don't appreciate posts about builds of that game in an rF2 thread. Maxy SMS did indeed use the ISI engine with GTR2 and it felt pretty good. Funny now that they have their own engine they can got got that feel right. You ask me it's a pretty engine but is console orientated with regards to inputs etc.

You can claim to have the most advanced physics and tyre models but if you can not configure them properly then it just a load of waffle tbh. They make nice eye candy but physics and FFB are an acquired taste at best.

Question i would like to ask the decent pCARS folk in here like Mulero is...

If pCARS had rF2's graphics would you all still be hyping it up as amazing? Underneath all the candy is it really that great, that's all i'm saying. Only took me a few months to realise the pretty engine was disguising a fixed SHIFT2. Get your basics done first, i.e physics etc and then add the candy, that's the right way.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

TROLL Boy

16. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

pCars has no chance in an ISI Forum for a serious online simulator :)

17. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

at the end of the day any company wants to earn money... except; ok, will not use the Trabi thing again-;)

seriously: with RF1, ISI used the engine (phxs etc...) in many other custom made very specific simulations. (http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55054).
    For me it seems that ISI has a very specific business model: focus on the engine and not on the content. (like the unreal engine in FPS)
    Not because they love moders or the customers but because it makes financially sense.
    When the engine is done, they will 1. license the engine and 2. create specific adaptations for companies willing to spend lots of money.(ie racing teams) 3. The content for normal customers (like we are) will be done by the community.

I think the actual beta reflects this pretty well. > unfinished GFX, very limited content but high-end physics with weather etc...

So I would not expect much content from ISI in RF2. (> remember rf1)
    It's a proven model (> again in fps games) > people should stop being naive and think that ISI is charity organization. It's all very well calculated and I think they're doing fine.
    I'm just not sure of moders will continue to deliver their great work for free to the community. Anybody a clue if there are rules for moders? > does it have to be free or?

18. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

If the rF2 GFX sucks..someone explain me why I'm so happy with this s**t! :)

[​IMG]

...let ISI do the work on some shaders and reflections...and shutup...:)

19. FONismo

FONismo Registered

What the hell Tuttle mate just stunning! check your email!

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

@Cracheur, very good point.
    BTW since iR has been released, a lot of people switched into this title excusing huge number of its lacks. Missing fuel consumption, missing tyre wear, tyre temp calculation and a lot more things physics related. Event with those issues a lot "hard-core" simracers paid for this title and excused it telling it is hi-end sim, and rF1 is crap. The same situation is now with rF2. A lot of people just ignoring or want to forget about issues, and tries to argue that rF2 is top notch sim. The same fanboism.

What about rF2, if it hadn't RealTrack which is only one thing unique in racing simulation market? BTW not only rF2 is unfinished. All other titles we comparing to are unfinished: pCARS, AC, GTR3. So we can expect improvements in all those titles. But in case of rF2 we have no any feedback about incoming changes, plans etc. So, how we ca be sure for anything?

Because you have no knowledge about lacks, because you have no imagination about how good it might look with decent gfx engine. For example a nose of the vehicle on the last picture looks just unrealistic. And I'm not talking about lack of env. reflections (which is known issue) but about wrong lighting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.