Newbee, what tracks and GT3 to have / buy?

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tee Rex, Jan 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Tee Rex

Tee Rex Registered

Newbee here, many races are locked, and joining says 'download mod error'.

If I want to GT3 race what mods do I need for access popular servers?

Are locked servers private or do you need a certain level?

What is the path to a required level, for GT3

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Locked servers are passworded by the host so that only known users(usually a league) can access them.
    At present there is no leveling in rF2, although it is a feature planned for the Competition system which is separate from the rest of the multiplayer servers. As far as GT3 content, it is one of the most common complaints about rF2. Your content must match the server's content, thus if the server has all 13 GT3 cars, you too must have all 13 GT3 cars.(We figure this was an ancient anti-cheat system coded LONG before DLC became a thing)

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Tee Rex You have no way of knowing which content a server is using, and you can get those mod errors for a whole host of reasons.

If you can find the website running the server, or want to join one of the CS servers, you can find out what you need. The CS will actually tell you if you try to join the series.

I personally wouldn't recommend getting all the GT3/GTE cars unless you want to take part in particular races/series right now. Those cars have long been waiting BoP and tyre fixes (and I wouldn't bet on them coming soon) and I don't think the current Lunar sale is as good a discount as other sales have been (not sure though - best to check if price is a factor).

4. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

The current Lunar sale is as good as any recent sale.

60% off on the GT3 Pack and Endurance Pack.
    50% off on the Endurance Upgrade Pack.

If you get the Endurance Pack, you don't need the Upgrade since the main one now has all the cars in the Upgrade.

This sale has the same packs at the same discount as the Winter sale at the end of last year.

The only thing that may be different is any currency conversion.

Lazza likes this.