Newbee content...what is the difference between a rfMOD file and making a VMOD ?

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by JohnW63, Jan 10, 2014.

1. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

Yeah, I used the search function before I posted.

I guess , in a nut shell... what are the required components to make a full rfmod file ? How does a VMOD differ from that ? I could install just a mod, and I can use it on my server or I can use a rfcmp and add tracks and make a VMOD and put THAT on my server. What is the benefit or one over the other ?

2. PMC

PMC Registered

I'll try ,

You need a vmod to download your content.

A rFcmp is an individual car or track .

A rFmod is a combination of the above .

A vmod is a description of what you need to join a server with the above combinations and download .

Or at least that's my nut shell.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  3. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

So...

If I got a rFcmp file , I could slap what ever it doesn't have, say vehicle files or a track or track list on it, and either save it as an rfmod file for people to download, or ... create a vmod file, which is small and put that on my server and they would then be able to see what they need. Or, if I had the space, check mark all the parts and they could download from my race server all the files they need.

What is the minimum components you need to make a working vmod or rfmod ? For instance, do you NEED the talent folder ? Is it that you just need some vehicles and one track ?