New UI / Package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Endurancer, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Steam library, rF2, Properties, BETAS. Select old-ui from the list. That's it.

2. Rock

Rock Registered

Hi
    yes cool Lazza I just saw it.

To deposit your mods without steam, I advise to put them directly in the "common / rFactor 2 / Package.

For the choice of language I could not find it.

Apart from the favorite server problem freezing my mouse, it seems pretty well done.
    I would wait a bit to take it back.

3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Just to add here: any idea how can i uninstall / delete a mod (track or car mod) which was not installed through the steam workshop, within the new ui? It seems they have missed that..

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The new UI does appear completely impotent in this regard.

However, you should be able to run Bin32\ModMgr.exe (directly) and it'll bring up everything you have installed. Then it's just a matter of finding the one you want to uninstall (can filter by content type, though it takes a little while because they're all on by default...) and you can do it right there. The game will pop up when you restart it as it finds its bearings again, and then you should be good to go.

You can even select multiple items in there and uninstall them all at once. But the game will take longer to catch up when you restart it...

Needs to be in game!

5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I thought of it. But, when i run it i get none of my installed mods. I only get this:

Untitled.png

Any idea why? (this happens with both 32 and 64 bits modmgr.exe

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, no worries. I used to have a shortcut to it which is probably why mine is pointing to the correct folders.

I think you should be able to just create a shortcut to it, and edit the "Start in" folder in the shortcut so it's pointing to the rFactor folder, instead of Bin32.

upload_2020-12-26_18-41-33.png

And when you start it, just make sure the Working and Packages dirs are correct (press the B to browse if needed).

Attached Files:

lagg likes this.
  7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Wow..that did the trick! Thanks @Lazza (i had to untick the mods option and tick the components instead) !!

8. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Registered

in ModMgr, bottom of screen - working directory. You only have to set than once. Just tried and works just fine.

9. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Registered

A short postscript to my earlier post. I decided to give the new UI another chance and its really only the stability and flickering thats the issue, otherwise its really quite good and very much a step in the right direction. I love the track map feature so you can leave the pits into a gap during qualifying, the UI is more intuitive once you have gotten used to it, although some little tooltabs that describe what the button is that youre about to click on would be better. Moving between sessions isnt foolproof for old numpties like me. Other screens are improved- the setup screens for example I think are better laid out with the save function clearer. I'll probably stick with it unless the stability or flickering leaves me with a migraine ;)