New UI (?) - delayed booting from online race - custom skin

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MileSeven, Dec 8, 2020.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

It has been noticed (not sure if this is entirely New UI or not) that some cars with custom skins (car created as a new team car) are showing up as 'Unknown' in timing screens etc.

Not a big problem - but tonight, running the latest build with the official Kyalami track and GT3s (McLaren 650 in my case), I was able to practise and qualify with no problem - but between the warmup session and race, I was repeatedly booted for the 'network error' (on my side) and 'incorrect car' (paraphrasing...) server side message.

I eventually managed to get in and race by loading a completely default livery...

Any ideas?

For what it's worth, the custom skin was not showing up properly to the other drivers during the practice and qualy sessions - I've not (knowingly) done anything different with this skin (that I created today) to any others - including the Spa 3H invitational skin our team used last week....

2. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Just realised this has been reported by a number of people earlier. Please ignore this thread and follow the main one.