New to RF2: How to Adjust Real Road in Single Player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by traind, Jan 7, 2015.

1. traind

traind Registered

I searched for a fundamental, basic description of setting up real road in single player but came up empty. I think it would be helpful to have a detailed explanation of this key feature for all new RF2 owners :)

How do you use the "save real road" feature in singleplayer?

As an example... at Lime Rock 2.0 no chicanes I enter the race settings area before I select race and I see the practice session starts with "green", then both qualifying and race are "naturally progressing". I can adjust the speed of real road progress but there seems to be no way to adjust the starting point. This is dspite the fact that I have been to this track configuration before and pressed the "save real road" button. When I look in the RFactor2 folder under "userdata/player/settings/and the track name" I see the rrbin file that I saved but there seems to be no way of selecting that file to start the practice session instead of "green".

On other tracks I notice the practice session start out with "light rubber" but again, there is no way to change that starting value... only the progression rate. Am I missing a way of using the saved real road data for singleplayer use or is the only available functionality the progression rate?

Thanks for your help.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

If I recall there is a bug related to using scripted weather (or not using it?!?!) that prevents one from being able to select the RealRoad starting point. You definitely can, so try changing your weather option first.

3. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Most tracks have a default weather setting. This includes the road condition. It's a simple text file included in the track component. Change "simple weather" in the session screen from "default" to "scripted" and you can make your changes. rF2 saves your settings in a wet-file inside the settings folder of the track.

4. traind

traind Registered

thank you for the explanations