new rF2 DX11 dedicated server problems Data Transfer Timeout

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by ceecee, Nov 13, 2017.

1. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I have a separate license for my non Steam dedi server and run it on a Q9550/8GB.
    Now SimHub has released I am busy reinstalling DX11 on a computer where DX9 dedi server runs problem free.
    Problems :
    I see a Packages folder has to be made outside of the Steam installation folder (moved to root)
    When trying to connect to the rFMod from client PC to dedi server I get "Data Transfer Timeout" (Packages folder has full access)
    Loading the cars on the dedi takes forever.
    I do not use ESET and under DX9 everything connects without a problem.
    Has anyone a solution for me (otherwise I have to return the dedi and clients to a fully working DX9 before Friday)

2. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hmmm isn't DX11 client side anyway ? we run 2 remote rf2 DS's for our league .. They are simply set up threw steam as we have a steam account on the server box and update everything from steam with DX11 & DX 9 content .. we never had to do a "DX11 dedicated server" If your in the DX11 beta when you join you have all the DX11 features ,if your DX9 you don't & everything runs fine for all members with and or without DX11 .. It does not matter what DS you use ,its all in the files /client side .. that's our experience anyway ;-)

3. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Got it running after deleting Windows Firewall rules and making new ones.
    Also by moving Packages folder to C:\Games, it was not possible t make it in the SteamApps/Common/rFactor 2 folder.
    I expect DX11 to replace DX9 soon and wanted to prepare the computers to avoid any surprises.
    Loading cars still takes around 5 mins on the server, not to mention the 25 fps loss in DX11 vs DX9 and the very high ping.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Not having any of those issues on our servers ..DX11 & DX9 players joining with out any fps or load time probs ..the DX11 players see all the glory of DX11 ,the DX9 players don't .. our servers are simply the ds exe's from our rf2 DX9.... We have steam account on the remote server .. makes things easy ..

sry I can't offer any help other than to say something must be up if you have bad load times and that much FPS loss in DX11 ?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    ceecee likes this.
  5. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Yeah, upgrading the clients was not my worry, the dedi was.
    Friday will be the real test.
    Thanks for the input !

kro388th likes this.