New Racing Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by PastorCzo, Jul 19, 2018.

1. PastorCzo

PastorCzo Registered

in about a month I am going to purchase a wheel and pedals. I used to have a G27 but due to a divorce and debt I had to sell. Anywho I want a wheel that will last. I have been looking at the G29, the T300 and the Fanatec bundle that is around $500 I do not want to spend to much more than that. Any suggestions. I am worried about Thrustmaster failure rate

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Here are a couple of recent threads with peoples opinions of wheels and pedals.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/advice-to-buy-new-race-wheel-pedals.60624/
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/fanatec-or-thrustmaster.60645/

Going on my personal experience I would have said "I am worried about Fanatec failure rate".
    I have had Logitech, Fanatec and Thrustmaster.
    Fanatec were the least reliable, no problems with Logitech or Thrustmaster.
    Of coarse the next person could have had the opposite experience to me.

3. PastorCzo

PastorCzo Registered

Thank you. I appreciate it. I am going to get a T300rs gt because of the pedals

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i have thrustmaster T150 whell and thrustmaster T3pa pro pedals
    the only problem was the original pedals from T150 that the spring from brake pedal failure after a few months of good use
    i send email to thrustmaster and told me to send them some info so i couls replace the broken thing
    so far so good with thustmaster

5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

People who have had failures with Thrustmasters are due to overheating and the force feedback cranked up to 100%. Only needs to be around 65%

I've got a T300RS and love it. It's at a decent price as well. Might have to upgrade my pedals as my brake pedal has had intermittent problem with the potentiometer not going all the way to 100 and now needs a bit of contact cleaner but they're so easily fixed and they put up with a very heavy left foot that my mates said 'could cut crops' in my football days.

PastorCzo likes this.
  6. PastorCzo

PastorCzo Registered

This is possibly the most helpful that I have heard so far. T300 it is. Probably with T3PA and a shifter

7. AMillward

AMillward Registered

There's also a good selection of addon rims as well. The Ferrari F1 replica is very good and has all the buttons and switches you need.