New Nvidia 332.21 Driver: AC support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SPASKIS, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Richard DK

Richard DK Registered

Do I tell you that you are dumb or ANYBODY else are DUMB??? Come on FFS.

I used 4 hours trying everything do get it running. Off course I can see rFactor2 on all 3 screens, but it`s not running well. A lot of lag and poor quality. The games I named worked straight after installation.

Why I came here??? FFS...to see if there were some good advice on SLi. Misinformation here in forum? No just pure reality!!!

So WHO is dumb now??

I didn`t slam rFactor2 did I? I wrote only about SLi and not anything on physics, cars, tracks and graphics!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  2. Richard DK

Richard DK Registered

Troll? come on!!!! I wrote my opinion!!!

3. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I see no ask for help here, just that you are uninstalling rF2 forever, triple screen works fine for me, and many others...SLI not so much.

Either you want help, or you are uninstalling forever...If the latter farewell and enjoy your other games, if the former explain your problem and people will try to help.

4. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Yeah you don't even mention SLi in your original post DK. Triple screen resolutions have always worked for me, I don't use multiview because I cannot manually adjust my side monitor angles which you really need unless you happen to have just the right angle. But I believe it has always worked. If it is SLi you have a problem with you cannot really poke the software, seems to me to be a bit hit and miss on most software just like xfire, stutter and input lag being the two most common issues. Even if you do get a multigpu system running well there is going to be software that really doesn't like it. A lot of the time the second card is wasted or even a hindrance. Unless you are a benchmarker or money is no object, I really don't see the point.

And people think troll as soon as you say "so now I uninstall forever" (Waaaah) instead of "I have this problem and I think it might be the software can anybody help or confirm this bug?"

Assuming you have not already uninstalled, deregistered, and whacked a pin in a voodoo doll of a dev.... What's up, what exactly still doesn't work after 2 years?

5. doug484

doug484 Registered

See? I knew you'd be back. For what other reason would you continue putting words here other than to attempt to prove your superiority? Everyone has their own opinion. Do you think we give a damn what yours is?

6. Richard DK

Richard DK Registered

So many fanboys here, bye...this is the last post!!!!!!!!!!

I`ll see if I can get this account deleted!!!

7. doug484

doug484 Registered

Really? Are you sure you won't be back? You don't feel the need to prove something?

8. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

And for many (myself included) it didn't really work. By "really" what I mean is, yes now I get the SLI indicator but...one GPU is doing 134FPS and the other one only 9FPS. Doesn't seem very optimized for SLI to me.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Of course, in the bitter war between sim racing developers, this means we won. Right? I planted a flag and everything.

10. 88mphTim

Have you considered posting about the issues you have with Triple screens, or asking the people telling you it does work for their assistance in helping you to get it to work?

Getting angry at people who say it works seems a little odd. I understand you might have tried to get it to work, but obviously you didn't. Them saying it does could have led to an examination as to why, rather than an attack because.

No, triple screens doesn't have the nice options I or you probably want it to have yet, but it is fully functional.

11. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Your work is done here, now get that Amd support for rest of us :)

12. 88mphTim

...which was that it doesn't work at all. Which it does. And in not asking for help, and registering only to post negatively, I'm not too surprised your posts came across the way they did. Are you?

13. 88mphTim

Haven't had contact from you asking for this to be done yet, just want you to be aware that if you need help, feel free to email me about the forum account being deleted: timw@imagespaceinc.com

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I confirm this. With tweaking I get now playable FPS and quality but I bet a normal user has not the skill to setup this in the right order.
    For example with AC if the correct SLI bit is set I get out of the box stable 80 FPS with 5880 x 1080. In rF2 I have to reduce to 4900 x 900 to get some similar results.
    I've no Idea if Nvidia will talk to a small studio or not and how difficult the communication with the Nvidia helpdesk is ?
    Maybe ISI could give us a actual statement about the status ?
    So if Nvidia do not react to ISI's requirements we can try to get a solution over the User support.
    A overhead from approximatly 33 % is normal for a dual SLI system but the SLI performance in rf2 is far away from this value.
    Don't know the exact considerations why it is difficult to solve this but I'm sure many of us would be happy if it happens some day.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Nonsense Magus, rF2 works fine with Triple Screen -SLI-Multiview-reflections, no HDR cartoon look is not needed.

I own 3 game rigs and here it is how they perform

Mbo Asus Formula IV, AMD 6 core 3.2GHz CPU, 8GB RAM, 480GTX SLI,
    5760 x 1080 3 x BenQ XL2420TX, Build 382 25-40 FPS

Mbo Asus Formula V Thunderbolt, AMD FM 8 Core 3,6 GHz, 16GB RAM,
    Matrix 580GTX SLI, 5760 x 1080 3 x BenQ XL2420TX, Build 382 60-70 FPS

Mbo ASRock Z87 OC Formula, i7 4,5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 780GTX SLI,
    5760 x 1080 3 x BenQ XL2420TX, Build 382, 120 FPS

For me rFactor2 looks like iRacing if ISI tracks and cars are used.

16. Magus

Magus Registered

Interesting since SLI-Reflection is a known stated issue by developers yet it doesn't effect your fps? You may want to turn both ENV & Road reflection OFF and see what kind of FPS you get...btw if it's a known stated issue by ISI how is what I am saying nonsense?

Secondly, when HDR in multiview-sli is on, the 2nd cards usage lessens significantly under the current Nvidia Sli profile, so again how is what I am saying nonsense? You may personally not like (the 'cartoon look') HDR but it still doesn't deviate from the fact that there is something a miss. Personally I would like to use some of those HDR profiles Tosch & ISI have created.

I'm happy you have rf2 running at a level of satisfaction for yourself but personally I am looking for more graphical optimisation coming from both ISI and Nvidia.

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Ari to say all is good and there is no issue with SLI is nonsens. If you disable HDR in your Rig OK. But to present here your FPS with the argument HDR = cartoon look and therefore you disable it means not this is solution for me.
    With multiview and SLI enabled there are unsolved bottlenecks nobody speaks here about it does not work. What I want to say is it could be work better.
    For example to sell two new or one new monster gfx card is very expensive and the only piece software on my pc that need this is rF2.
    I would rather ISI give a part of the money than to invest it in new gfx cards ^-^

18. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

Why is the rFactor 2 forum full of stuff about AC?

I bought it yesterday because of the fuss and it is basically Forza / Gran Turismo on PC. It is nowhere near rFactor / rFactor2 for feeling the car under you and knowing when it'll let go. I tried it for 20 mins and almost wished I'd not parted with my money for it.

Also the AC graphics aren't even that amazing! People have been raving about it on here like it's amazing. It isn't. I was running it on max everything and although the performance was better than rFactor 2, the graphics were pretty much the same.

Anyway, I'll give AC another go tonight, but I think rFactor 2 is miles ahead as a simulation.

Edit: And yes, I had all assists off apart from auto clutch as I do not have that pedal.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

because it's a good comparison sim that's why there's lots of talk here and rf2 on AC forums, you can choose to ignore it...Not hard.

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Because it looks better, or cleaner, it's more stable, it has supercars and it's easy to drive.