New Mod Manager is not installing content properly

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by SPASKIS, Feb 28, 2014.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I just found that version v of mod manager coming with new build 494 is not working properly.
    I tried to host a server with the same mod we are hosting a server with build382 but after installing the content with mod manager vehicles would not appear later.
    Offline no cars appear in the vehicle list and online they did not appear in the selection box.
    I replaced modmgr.exe in core folder with t version of build 382 and everything works fine now.
    I have the server up and just joined without problems.

I don't know if it this is related to the MM problem but just in case I would use old manager.
    I hope this helps. You know I usually have some time for testing things on fridays ;)

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think the problem is related to how updates are managed within new mod manager.

When I first update the component with mod manager V, it looks like the picture in the left, which actually is from version T (b382).
    In any case it shows the same, believe me. However, after installing the vmod referencing it (RR_Megane_Hungaroring), it now shows both 1.44 and 1.447 megane vehice versions in two different lines as shown in the picture in the right.
    [​IMG]

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

What I have seen is that the problem appears when installing a mod with updated component with mod manager version v
    When the components are updated (right-click over it and update) everything is OK. I have tried in single player and both an updated track and an updated vehicle work fine.

The problem appears when installing a vmod which references both updated components. Right after that, both previously updated components split into two showing both original and updated versions. After this, components get corrupt and are not usable anymore.
    I first thought it was only the vehicle but it also affects the track.
    The vmod contains one of updates and just references the other one. Since both get "duplicated" I guess referencing or containing the update is not a variable.
    I have tried creating a new vmod from new mas2.exe but with the same result.

The only thing I think I still have not tried is rebuilding the updates with new mas2.exe to see if it makes a difference. However, I am pretty sure that the problem is not in the updates but in new mod manager which is messing up content which is previoulsy installed.

Here is a video showing what I tried to explain.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014