SOLVED New boost and mixture feature

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by doddynco, Feb 23, 2023.

1. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Has anyone been able to this new feature to work?

I'll insert it at the end of the HDV as shown below, but it has no effect and I can still use the entire boost range in practice:

[BOOSTMIXTURELIMITS]
    PracticeBoostLimit=2

2. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Ok quickly after this post I realised that you must use all the terms for it to become active. e.g

BOOSTMIXTURELIMITS]
    PracticeBoostLimit=-1
    QualifyingBoostLimit=-1
    WarmupBoostLimit=2
    RaceBoostLimit=2

atomed likes this.
  3. atomed

atomed Member

May this be a solution for 1986s F1 monster quali specs?

doddynco likes this.
  4. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

5. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I hope I can get the ai to abide by this fuction too.

6. atomed

atomed Member

I was thinking about that specific qualifying motor specification that only lasted for 2-3 laps before overheating. IIRC it had to be selected in the upgrades menu, so there wasn´t continuity between quali & race.

doddynco likes this.
  7. doddynco

doddynco Registered

With the new boost limits feature, I can do away with having a second engine.ini and so the next update will do away with the qually specific engine and them being selectable from the upgrades menu. I may completely remove the R and Q selection as it now only does setup changes to the car. I'll leave it to the user to empty the fuel tank, put the q tyres on, and maybe crank up the downforce.

There was very little difference between the R & Qengines other than boost setting. The BMW engine currently has wastegate management off, (as it was in real life), but, now at max setting the wastgate doesn't activate anyway so there's no difference. The dump valve was slightly different and that is the remaining thing left to tune to work thoughout the boost range - this affects the sound and how much the boost drops off between shifts.

One thing I had noticed is that at some point I have misentered the data into the fuel consumption part of the Q engine. The ruined all the heating effects I had previously for the Q engine. There was still the issue though that you couldn't reduce boost in qually when you were too hot.

Cooling will play a bigger part now. You may find on some tracks and conditions that you can't even sustain high race boost (4Bar for the Benetton) over a long duration, and you would tend to run out of fuel anyway for a full length GP.

These boost/heat consequences carry over but much more dramatically to qually where reducing boost may give you a much longer engine life on some faster tracks.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    davehenrie and atomed like this.