Need to have vmod installed to watch old replays

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Hedlund_90, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I can't watch my "old" saved replays, because it says "mod is not currently installed". This means we have to keep millions of old vmods installed, otherwise we won't be able to watch the replay and therefore no need to save it at all. I really hope this is a bug and not intentional. This must be something new, I have not seen it before (!?).

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Nope, always been the case with rF2. So it's not a bug, just a side-effect of the current system.

Tim did mention in a thread (not sure I can find it, so just going to paraphrase here) that the devs are aware of it as an issue, and made it sound quite likely it'll be something that'll be 'fixed' in future. It's definitely a bit of a pain if you weren't aware of it and now can't watch old replays.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm really surprised.. I often clean out old vmods that is never going to be used again but I have never seen this message before. I guess I haven't been watching a lot of old replays.
    I was going to watch an old league race. The league always creates a vmod for each new event. Now I don't have it installed anymore so I guess the replay file is quite useless. Yey!

This really needs to be fixed.