Need more triple screens options

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by AlexHeuskat, Aug 18, 2022.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

- Need option to toggle triple/single screen for replay, only widowed replay is in one screen, for some performance reason, I prefer sometimes watching my replay on one screen.
    - Need option to take screenshot with triple without any angle correction, now I can't anymore take screenshots, there is angle correction and it's always triple screen screenshots, need more options.
    - Need optons to render the rear mirror on a Vocore screen.
    I will edit my post if I find more to add.

2. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Consider creating two graphic configuration files (Config_DX11.ini file in userdata folder).
    Example: OneScreen_Config_DX11.ini and MultipleScreen_Config_DX11.ini

Then you have two options, launch rFactor with the parameter +config <config file> or just copy the desired file to Config_DX11.ini

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  3. The mirror discussion has been done a couple of times over the years if you use Google - this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lcd-side-mirors-how-what-where.255730/ is taking it another time and there is a video around but without any information IMHO.

Eyefinity is mentioned a couple of times: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Eyefinity which might be a solution but I doubt that there will be an option in the future to redirect the output of just the mirror section to different / external monitors.

4. Sorry - it seems I was wrong:

But I think it is not what you were asking for basically (you are looking for an ingame option, right)?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Several years ago now, Marcel showed the old new UI at the German Sim racing convention. There they had two computers, one to run the sim & a 2nd system networked to power a tablet that ONLY displayed the side mirror.

6. That sounds interesting.

Basically we do have the positions of the opponents cars, think of radar apps and overlays, but what about graphics … ?

7. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Yes, that was the simulator from Porsche that was built inside a Cup car (I'll just call it that as Porsche has the most confusing way of naming their cars anyway). They run a server and two clients, where the second client is basically looking backwards and that is the view they use as the basis for their mirrors (which are just computer screens). It works for them since they only run that one stand-alone. This gets more complicated if you want to take it online. :)

juanchioooo, davehenrie and Bjørn like this.
  8. It's been while that I was thinking about this topic but as I am now thinking of a wide screen projection with a projector I started over ...

Based on what information is given here I would say we have the following possibility:

Using a second computer / client which joins the session as spectator using rear view camera - that screen is captured by OBS e.g. (as shown in Boosted Medias video) and transferred to a tablet or something like that by using e.g. Spacedesk.

As far as I know by now using two rear mirrors will require Spacedesk non-free (pro?) license.

Disadvantages ... if it can be called that way:

1. starting / joining session in spectator mode every time session has switched (right?)
    2. client with same content (additional cost for HW and SW)

But overall with two pretty old Android tablets (tried it with Samsung SM113T or so) gives the ability to build up something pretty similar to what is shown here (from 2:28 onwards):

(maybe it is the setup Marcel was referring to?)

9. What just came to my mind - if OBS supports this we could stream the capture screen to two secondary screens if we are already using a second computer with a corresponding GFX card.

Will check this.

10. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Why not just put a monitor behind you and use a couple of real mirrors?