Need Moddev Help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by 120hazz, Apr 15, 2015.

1. 120hazz

120hazz Registered

Hi all..

Moddev says no cars or tracks installed when I click on race! but I can see the 2 skipbarber and Joesville?!?

Do I need to edit rFm file or something first?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, it should work fine straight out of the box.

I'd say try moving/renaming your existing ModDev folder and install the SDK fresh. Once that's working fine start copying any of your own files back across.

The ModDev is standalone, running purely from the files contained within, and I would have thought in theory it would 'update' without issues. But when Build 930 came out I installed the SDK over my existing one and it worked fine except 3 UI-related textures wouldn't load properly when going to the track. I couldn't make any sense of it but a fresh clean install (of ModDev only) fixed it.

If, on the other hand, you're having an issue with a completely clean install, I have no idea ;)

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

+1, with last SDK b930 and b946 I cleaned the ModDev folder and make clean install on SDK to avoid some issue from previous one.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I typically just install the SDK right over the top without problems. In the pat you had to edit the rFM to remove the filters. Now they include an all cars/tracks rFM and that's the default rfm now. So you don't have to bother editing Rfms anymore. If your missing cars it may be worth verifying that you have the all cars/tracks mod selected.

5. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

I have always had to copy the files from the standard locations folder to the MODDEV Locations folder to tracks to appear for use in MODDEV (maybe I am doing something wrong)

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

There is some issue on some track with this method (garage door closed, hole in the track, pit never open, ...). Test the ISI Mountain Peak Road layout, the access to the track is blocked by cement blocks !! : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23468-Mountain-Peak-Speedway-v1-1-Now-Available

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think there is some wire-crossing going on. What Noel was saying regarding rfms isn't related to what content is actually available in devmode; you still have to pull those files out and put them into the ModDev folder for them to show up. It's just that anything you put in there is immediately available; previously the default devmode RFM had filters set, so you had to edit it or create a new one in order to use other content.