Need help with my terrible FPS!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mac22, Oct 21, 2013.

1. mac22

mac22 Registered

Running a reasonably fast machine (i7 OC's and Nvidia 580 GTX) and was happy running RF2 at very high FPS (I had V sync on so they were capped at 60 but un V synced they hit 70-100) - but suddenly a couple of weeks ago had a big reduction in FPS- not its typically running 25FPS - think it might be a graphic options (either in game or on my NVidia control panel) I have accidentally selected or de selected but not sure what is causing this huge drop off - anyone any ideas on what might have caused this? - I notice lots of new options recently in build 300 such as rain and reflections on track just wondering what might be causing this (interestingly its across all tracks - where before only Silverstone gave me low FPS)

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

rain and reflections on track are not new in 300, they've been around a while! as for your issue, have you tried going back to Default? (nVidia and in game) if so does the problem persist? have you sinatlled any new programs lately that might be hogging memeory in the background? is your virus scanner working unknown in the background?