Need Help. Can't Join Online Race

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by M.Guenette, Jul 25, 2013.

1. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Ok so here's my problem. I can create a vmod , see it in the list online, join the race with no problem but my friend can't join. I have sent him the vmod I created and he has installed it but he still can't join. We tried having local connection green/on and off with the same results. Firewall is open/allowed for Rfactor 2 within Windows security and router options. He also created a vmod and now he and I can see his online race listed but now only he can join... even though I have his vmod installed
    Can someone shed some light on this? We both can join other races online but not each others. What are we doing wrong?

2. maxspeed

maxspeed Registered

iRacing.com

3. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

@ maxspeed: Troll
    @ M.Guenette: Have you open the right ports in your router? Post your ports you have open..

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I have also been haven't problems connecting to my own server which has been working fine until I built a new vmod (actually several vmods) today. It will prompt for the password, I type the password, it downloads the vmod and then kicks me back to the server list. Then when I try to connect a second time it prompts for the password, I type it and then it says, "Server Connection Failed". This isn't a firewall problem, this server has been running fine for months and nothing on the firewall has changed. Just to be sure it wasn't the firewall I ran some tests using PFPortChecker which tested fine.

I feel like this has something to do with the server migration they did last week. I suspect that newly registered vmods cause problems but old vmods before the migration work fine.

5. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Send me money!

6. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Are there specific ports I should be looking to have open. I can download other vmods in online/multiplayer and join there races so i'm a little confused.

7. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

8. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Thanks Andreas Binz !!

9. Tiger

Tiger Registered

thanks Andreas Binz, it does work fine with the entire list, I was missing one range ;

10. Tiger

Tiger Registered

hmm hmm, update..
    I was logged as "local"..

anyway, with a "normal" login, it fails...
    ports are fine, tested with portchecker, then I use comodo firewall, and I guess the problem comes from there
    I'll check again, but soon, I'll be lost!
    or may be I am already.... lol