Need Experienced Modders for an RF 2 Project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by PDRSim, May 4, 2014.

1. PDRSim

PDRSim Registered

I am working on a Drag Racing mod for RF 2 and I need a ton of help. I am not familiar with RF 2 modding. I can do the physics myself but when it comes to getting the car to show up in game at all I have no clue what to do. I need someone to show me step by step or someone wo would like to help out on the mod so I can have some help instead of just me and a 3d artist.

Here are some renders of the first car.

View attachment 12594
    View attachment 12595

2. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Hi,

you mean you want to make a mod where 2 guys will face and the only cool stuff will be that the guys must change gear at the right time ...

I'm not sure it will be "fun 2 play", I try to explain :

In real life guys are tuning their engines themselves, like changing rods and experimenting high pressure engines, countless parameters will improve fun

But

In simracing, we got far less parameters, like in this case : the engine specifications will be locked, only gearing or suspension settings will vary

Do you plan to make this mod just for fun to model a dragster in MAX?

Putting a car in game isn't difficult but what's the point making a drag mod, as it won't be fun 2 play?

3. PDRSim

PDRSim Registered

It's not for everyone and you are a perfect example. I have followed this motorsport since I was born and his is something for people who love cars that go from 0-220 mph in 3.4 seconds. It takes more than you think to keep a 4000 horsepower machine in a straight line. From my point of view I am pretty sure I can make multiple engine files and transmission properties to simulate different combinations for different racers. Also when you accelerate as fast as these cars you have to make the tires stick to the surface which means meticulous changes to suspension, gearing, boost, and many many test runs. I don't have anything against people who don't like drag racing ( my 3d artist is a drifting fan ) so if you would show me how "easy" it is to get a car in game then I would appreciate it.

P.S. I have a meeting with a potential investor for my full bodied simulator company on saturday of this week so if anyone is interested it would help to get help soon!

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

"full bodied simulator company" - so it's more than just a MOD thing for you then ?

If using rfactor2, I hope you got the licensing in place with ISI too.

5. PDRSim

PDRSim Registered

View attachment 12732

6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

You don't need to proof stuff to me, I've just seen many who don't and it can get messy. But cool :)

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

yep that's really cool :)

8. PDRSim

PDRSim Registered

Thanks if you know anyone who can help let me know !

9. gagipro

gagipro Registered

100000$? :)

10. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

read the tutorial that is in rf2s dev corner, it will take you an hour and save u money, profesionally :)

11. Medic

Medic Registered

Mabe try contacting Angus94 from DragFactor hes still working on a drag mod for rF2.

12. TheScrapanator

TheScrapanator Registered

here is what I rather see in a Drag Mod: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MJuh9zEbVIU/TkG6q4jkh1I/AAAAAAAAB-0/XwHm-L24KoA/s1600/3.jpg