Need a little help with MAS file utility please

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Turbolagg88, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Turbolagg88

Turbolagg88 Registered

A newbie here so please be patient. I've done some reading about MAS editing and using the MAS File Utility I have extracted an hdv file I wanted to edit, made my couple changes with notepad++ but I just can't seem to save it back into the original MAS file and have rF2 recognize it. I always get the error message "component failed to verify, removed from inventory" in the startup log in the launcher. I thought all I needed to do was from within the MAS utility delete the old hdv file with Edit/ Cut then add the modified hdv file using Edit/ Add Files then hit the Create a new MAS File button thus saving the MAS file?? Could someone please explain what step/s I'm missing? Thanks so much in advance!

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You shouldn't/can't do that, the whole reason for the packaging system is to stop you from doing that. You would have to create a new version of whatever mod you're trying to change.

3. Turbolagg88

Turbolagg88 Registered

Ok,understood, and just for the record this is for strictly offline use. In my hours of research I did come across others who managed to do this but in all cases they were not specific as to the steps taken to make it work. All I'm trying to do is modify the weight of a specific vehicle within a 3rd party mod to find the effect on lap times. I'm willing to create a new mod version if that's what it takes. Thanks for any help you can offer.

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

5. Turbolagg88

Turbolagg88 Registered

Thanks Jimmy, that was quite useful. For the record what I'm doing is strictly for my own offline use. I'm learning much and finding it a lot of fun.
    Happy New Year guys.

JimmyT likes this.