Nascar leman garage 56.

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Simulation_Player, Jun 18, 2023.

1. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

A wish to have this car in Rfactor 2

Fw4xpbHXwAAURWI.jpg

Not gonna lie, i don't really follow nascar but i always loved the engine and look of those cars.
    But this car is just perfected version of nascar , massive HP (750+ hp) NA V8 monster (could've been higher but engine needed to last 24h race) , much lighter than normal nascar , tiny bit more aero, chassis and suspension designed to turn in both directions :p
    From my logic this car is not competing against anything , so a private race car for fun....so nothing to hide data wise ( probably ) and drove on goodyear tyres made just for this car , so this tyre is not from normal main lineup which rival against other series , PLUS S397 is already partner with goodyear.
    ALL dots connect.....so S397 when ? next month possible ? :D

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

All things considered, I guess there is a decent chance that this car might appear in Le Mans Ultimate. I don't see such a one off car happening in rF2 though.

3. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Someone call Rick Hendrick.

4. Simulation_Player

I hope you are wrong, because i doubt that this new le man game will be a sim like rf2....looking at nascar game i'm pretty sure that it will be the case.

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I am allways a bit amazed how people come to such fast conclusions, especialy with the footage, info and feedback from users available who have tried LMU at Le Mans. This product has nothing to do with Nascar Ignition. Before the announcement I had a similar expectation regarding the WEC game as you. Aka that it'll be no sim but a broad racing game like the F1 franchize, with annual releases and using Unreal Engine for better console support. But from the looks of it'll be an evolution of the tech in rFactor 2 but packaged into one cohesive experience. That's what is stated in the FAQ and it actually blends well with what I have seen and read so far. That's very similar to what Simbin did with GTR1/2, GTL and the different Race 07 games and it's DLCs utilizing the isiMotor engine. And as they said that they will bring the whole WEC 2023 grid to the title, your best bet of getting that Garage 56 car officialy lisenced into any sim right now is LMU. If I was S397 I would do that. It's actually one more unique selling point for that title.

6. Simulation_Player

@hitm4k3r Relax mate, why are you so eager to defend this game. i'm not sold on the details given so far for that game.
    tbh i don't really care about any other MSG titles apart from rf2, Especially if these titles don't make any physics improvements over rf2 .....then they are just a reskin useless things really. Rest of cohesive experience , UI ,CS single player etc don't matter to me. after all physics is what most important in any sim and if that is same between 2 games then are they really even worth getting together ? not for me.

7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I am relaxed. Why would you think that I am not relaxed? Have you experienced me when I am not relaxed? - trust me, you should. And why should I defend a game that I have no idea about how it really will be when it is released in December? Maybe it will suck as hell, who knows. And you can be sure that I will tell you that it sucks, if it really does. I will still have rF2 to fall back to :p

TBH, I just reflect the given information. And there are enough of it to say that it'll be an evolution of rF2. Again, it's not the same thing. The same as GTR2 had rain but rF1 didn't. I think that the analogy of GTR2 and rF1 fits perfectly here. The question if you should get it or not is something that you need to answer for yourself when the times comes. People enjoyed rF1 and GTR2 for different reasons. You even could test it for two hours - especialy the Garage 56 car - and see if it clicks or otherwise refund. Reading reviews helps aswell.

I suspect - and that's just my personal view - is that they will have to add proper hybrid support for the Hypercars and actually work on some really important aspects that don't work within rF2 right now. Easy MP hosting, MP ranking, easy driver swaps, very intuitive game interaction (I will admit they have improved this allready) and just the general things that make Le Mans and WEC what it is. I don't think that the underlying physics engine is the biggest challenge in this. The AI needs to work out of the box, the rule systems including FCY, SC, Code 80, scoring systems etc. need to work out of the box. You can't have a WEC season game and expect people to use excel spreadsheets. They need to work on the little details like pit crews that make the pit area feel alive, dirt buildup on the car, better ambient effects like fog and wind, better night lighting and improved loading times and performance. You can't have a sim that claims to offer Le Mans with over 60 cars and have horrendous performance drops during rain and night time. You know, people expect the full Le Mans experience and if they can't deliver that, it might be a fail. And at the end, a game that just works might be the most crucial factor here. We'll see. :)

atomed likes this.
  8. Simulation_Player

Whatever the case will be with that game, i only hope dev time away from RF2 because of these games is not wasted on bad product (like it happened with nascar game). I hope to have all the improvements done to this leman game end up in rf2 one way or other, IF they are good enough to be brought on rf2 that is.

atomed likes this.