NASCAR carset?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keyloki, Jan 6, 2016.

1. keyloki

keyloki Registered

I posted this in the DL car section with no response, so thought I'd try here. Can be moved if need be...Is there a complete 2015 NASCAR carset available some place? I have found some singles but not a complete set.....Thanx all.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

3. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

thanks for you hard work but I can not get them to work I followed you instructions in the read me put it all in
    C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\ISI_StockCar_2015 don't work Please help :confused::eek:
    Thanks in advance
    mrmat01

4. keyloki

keyloki Registered

what I had to do was remove multiple skins for each car, so that there is only 1 skin in each folder. The problem is that there is only one place to put the additional cars so rf2 will just mix them in with the Centennials, Edgars etc....
    Its kind of a blind draw as to which AI cars you get in a given event it seems.

5. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

Thanks mate ill give it try tomorrow :D

6. jdaddle

jdaddle Registered

if you add a line in the each talent rcd file from the downloaded skins that looks like this Classes=StockCar_2015, NASCAR_2015, you can then select NASCAR_2015 from opponents list and get just the skinned cars. if select Stockcar_2015 youll get all cars with the skinned cars mixed

7. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

Hi guys thanks for you help but still having no luck this is what it says in the read me

You can add these in (Default Install Path)

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\ISI_StockCar_2015\

(Move the Driver Folder and Driver RCD file.)

SAMPLE
    C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\ISI_StockCar_2015\Chase Elliott\...(Any skins would be here)
    C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\ISI_StockCar_2015\ChaseElliott.rcd

This is what I did & it doesn't work I cant even select my own skin as an alt from the show room & how do you open a cdr file?

if you add a line in the each talent rcd file from the downloaded skins that looks like this Classes=StockCar_2015, NASCAR_2015, you can then select NASCAR_2015 from opponents list and get just the skinned cars.

I don't even have NASCAR_2015 in my opponents list
    these are great skins its so frustrating
    that tings just don't work :mad::confused::eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
  8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I had all the RD skins loaded but they seem to conflict when you make a offline dedicated room
    ie: big field i will get 2 of one skin etc.

I never liked virtual cars if you run room mods.

Actually I think the whole loose skin thing is a thing of the past since we had F3-Eve Historic Community Pack.

After a few weeks of running it, no skin transfers, I have gone back to the ISI F3 server and it is horrible.

9. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

Im just trying to get it to work mate and cant followed your instructions in the read me doesn't work it is such a shame they are such beautiful skins
    Maybe if they where put into a talent package or cmp & installed through the RF2 Launcher they would work for every body & be much more easier to install for the average bloke like like me :eek:

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I agree 101%

100 skins in a 500mb pack , all Standalone to ISI Stock Cars as well.

So what if 100 cars are 500mb , Silverstone is 500mb , it is one track ?

Never get people go on about size especially considering the age we live in and well if
    you downloaded all the loose skins it would be the same size anyways.

I also notice some of these RD skins are different sizes, some 25mb VCs then smaller ones, they should be kept standard 5mb for packaging.

People that join bigger open rooms with 25mb VC cars need their heads red.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
  11. jdaddle

jdaddle Registered

Skin set from Race Department doesn't work with the updated stockcars, the veh files in updated MAS file are named SC2015_22.veh for example, the rcd files from skin pack use SC2014_22.veh, to make work you need to open the rcd files in notepad or notepad++ . Old rcd file looks like this

StockCar_2015
    {
    Carl Edwards
    {
    Team = Joe Gibbs Racing
    Component = ISI_StockCar_2015
    Skin = Edwards_alt.dds
    VehFile = SC2014_19.VEH
    Description = NASCAR 2015 Toyota #19
    Number = 19
    Aggression = 50.00
    Speed = 90.10
    QualifySpeed = 88.02
    WetSpeed = 84.38
    StartSkill = 89.58
    Crash = 14.06
    CompletedLaps = 90.10
    MinRacingSkill = 89.58
    Composure = 82.81
    }
    }

make it look like this below

StockCar_2015
    {
    Carl Edwards
    {
    Team = Joe Gibbs Racing
    Component = ISI_StockCar_2015
    Skin = Edwards_alt.dds
    VehFile = SC2015_19.VEH
    Classes=StockCar_2015, NASCAR_2015
    Description = NASCAR 2015 Toyota #19
    Number = 19
    Aggression = 50.00
    Speed = 90.10
    QualifySpeed = 88.02
    WetSpeed = 84.38
    StartSkill = 89.58
    Crash = 14.06
    CompletedLaps = 90.10
    MinRacingSkill = 89.58
    Composure = 82.81
    }
    }

change the 2014 to 2015 in reference to veh file, after adding the class line you should see the NASCAR_2015 in opponents list, you could make the the NASCAR_2015 to what ever you wanted, SKINSET, whatever, that's what would show up in opponent list. And will select all the new skins only. Make sure when you save the rcd file you save it as rcd and not text file.

edit: don't think this would work online

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Doh sorry new build of course, as I said I do not like the RCD cars or messy looking car selection window or having to edit anything....... ..too lazy arsed. lol ;)

Thanks for the head ups, no bother I delete all those skins, wait till someone does a proper standalone car pack if they do.

13. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

Thanks mate but I wish people wouldn't post stuff up that didn't work :rolleyes:

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lool

Little harsh even for me. hehehe

I do not know why people worry about clones.

I wish everyone would get involved in standalone driver skinpacks :(

I thought F3 Pack would kick off interest I was sorely mistaken, oh well :(

I rather drive in a room I see a list of names of you guys I race with online !@! .... and others I have not yet. :)

Not some prima donna real life stock car superstars I will never talk to. :)

15. keyloki

keyloki Registered

I think its kind of odd that mrmat01 is having a problem, mine went in with no problem at all. They all showed up....I just didnt know how to seperate them from the standard ISI cars til now.:cool:

I agree that a cfmp file would be better.

16. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey Guys. Does any one have a proper carset at hand by now? With corrected driver names and skins? Would be great!

17. SRGP

SRGP Registered

No one has mentionned the Painter yet ! Credits for this awesome SkinSet go to DaREALMastaD.
    After telling him about the issue, he allowed me to repackage his skins. You can have them here (the latest ones may not be in).

18. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

19. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

Hi,

So I added the line "Classes=NASCAR_2016" to .rcd for all the cars from DaREALMastaD so they show up as their own class for single-player. The pack that @SRGP uploaded did not contain this line in the .rcd and they were just added to the regular stock car list.

If anyone wants me to upload them please let me know as I have yet to ask DDaREALMastaD for permission to re-upload.

- Wiggin

20. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

The carset I downloaded from SRGP doesn't have the class set. I went through and added the class set to all the cars so you can race against them in single player. Does anyone want me to upload them ? Skins still done by DaREALMastaD.