Name Shows As Unknown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fbm, Jan 16, 2012.

1. fbm

fbm Registered

Just installed rFactor2 and am having an issue getting my name to show up in game.

I have tried editing every file I can find that seems to have anything to do with name and nickname. Have even set them to 'Read Only' and still show in game as 'Unknown'.

I edited the .plr file, I also tried editing the rfactor.name file.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Fred

2. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

3. fbm

fbm Registered

Thanks.

I read some of that thread but it didn't really seem to address my issue. I did use my real name when I purchased/activated rFactor2.

However, this morning I see there are at least 2 new threads asking the same question. Seems the resolution is to check the 'Remember Me' box at login.

Seems a little odd that ISI would require we do that in order to display the name used when the game was purchased/activated.

I typically prefer to not check those 'Remember Me' boxes because I don't want passwords stored on my PC.

It is also a bit troubling that somehow rFactor2 is able to overwrite 'Read Only' files. Perhaps Tim or someone could comment on why/how the game is able to overwrite 'Read Only' files.

Thanks again for your help.

Fred

4. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

I only know what works for me. I changed the rFactor.name file. I didn't touch the *.plr file. I set the rFactor.name file to read me and my name is changed, working every time I log in online.

I just now looked into the *.plr file. It has the same now I changed in the rFactor.name file. But I did not touch the *.plr file.

Alan