multiscreen setup

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by headfixer, Apr 20, 2011.

1. headfixer

headfixer Registered

I keep seeing references to multiscreen configurations. I have 3 screens (and room for one more) rfconfig.exe (v1.5) allows me to choose which screen to run the game on, but there are no options to set up on more than one screen. So how does one do this?

I have plenty of RAM, 2 x GEForce 9400GT graphic adaptors and quad processors in my rig, so perfomance really shouldnt be an issue here.

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

rFactor 1 does not support multiple screens (rFactor probably will do).
    Your 9400GT doesn't support SLI so none the less, you would have performance issues, and also you can't use nVidia Surround (native support for multiple screens).
    So, the only option for you is to use SoftTH... but I doubt your car will handle such triple screen resolutions... but you can try and see for yourself :)

3. wil1o

wil1o Registered

have to agree with LesiU on this, although I have seen some talk of 9400GT's supporting SLI on the web - provided your m/board supports it. I think the main thing would be to try it with SoftTH and if that doesn't work upgrade one of your cards to something that would work, either with nVidia's native multi screen s/ware or sticking with the SoftTH option. give it a bash and let us know what you find out, i'm sure there are others around that would be interested in what you can discover.. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2011
  4. Rantam

Rantam Registered

You can use a multiscreen system without problem. I did this video some years a go when i got Matrox TripleHead2Go, showing how rF, GTR2, GTL, GPL and LFS look when you use it (sadly the video camera quality is not very good). Of course i have a better computer today (and i'm still using Matrox TH2Go), but even then the game run smoothly at 3840x1024 :) You can see the system specs my comp had on these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG5smiin-dI

(All games using 3840x1024 and max. details)

GPU nVidia 7900 GS
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    1 GB DDR2 400Mhz
    TrackIr 4 + TrackClip

Regards