Multiple Layouts for a Track to Export?...How?

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by mkilner, Nov 23, 2013.

1. mkilner

mkilner Registered

...I have used a bit of common sense going off what i know from rF1, but the new system doesn't seem to work, Ive got a Track complex 70% complete with 5 Different Layouts, how do i get them to Export and Show up?

...grateful for any help, cheers!

2. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Folder structure for each layout is similar than rF1 (Layout1, Layout2, etc. inside track main folder). This will work in dev mode with loose files. You have to create each layout specific files (AIW-, CAM-, GDB-, SCN- files) and test them (in dev mode) so everything works as designed before starting to create rfcmp.

When you create rfcmp - package, you need to create "layout" mas for each layout as well. Layout- mas contains aiw-, cam-, gdb-, scn - files and also icon- and any other layout specific gmt's and maps (like x-planes, swheel_trackmap etc.).

So, you have to create all following mas - files before packing things up to rfcmp.

TrackMAPs.mas
    TrackGMTs.mas
    TrackANIMs.mas
    TrackMAIN.MAS (usually contains only tracks tdf - and track icon files)
    Track_Layout1.mas
    Track_Layout2.mas

Then you just pack all these mas - files to one rfcmp - file and you are ready to go. If you not familiar with packaging process, ISI has released excellent tutorial for it and you can download it from here.

Cheers!

3. mkilner

mkilner Registered

awesome!....will give this a shot...keep ya posted!