Multiple cockpit view cameras possible?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by BRinaldi, Jun 5, 2018.

1. BRinaldi

BRinaldi Registered

I have a feeling the answer to this is likely a big no, but I was wondering if it is at all possible to have multiple camera views at different angles from inside the cockpit of the car using the cockpit interior.

I’m working with stock cars and in real life, TV broadcasts regularly use different angles inside the cockpit (for example looking in from the passenger side of the vehicle, focusing on the driver). Obviously I can change the cockpit view itself to do that, but then that would make it impossible for anyone to drive with.

The cockpit itself has different and much higher quality items than the interior chassis on the exterior camera perspective, so it wouldn’t have the quality I’m looking for by simply adding another regular style camera inside the car. The idea was to have these extra cockpit camera views for potential broadcasting purposes as there are personalized sponsor logos and items inside the cockpit of each vehicle.

Any help would be much appreciated. I figure it’s probably not possible to do but wanted to ask around to make sure. Thanks in advance!

2. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

You can create an Upgrade file with the driver and broadcasting options.
    In one you look for the camera file with the driver view.
    In the other you look for a new camera file, with the camera changed for broadcasting purposes.
    That way, it is enough for the person who is broadcasting to choose the upgrade.

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You can only have one camera, I don't know if the "hood" view will show the cockpit, but I know the nose cam won't. Like the post above suggest, make an upgrade for broadcast car, and you can make a new gen file with all the lower quality stuff removed, so it'll look better. Performance will be worse though.