Muli PC question?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by petetp, Apr 11, 2012.

1. petetp

petetp Registered

I have setup rF2 to run on my HTPC on a 46” Samsung LCD. I use a Wheel Stand Pro to mount my G27. It’s pretty cool to be able to sit in a recliner and run laps that way. However I get the boot from there when the girlfriend wants to watch her shows (go figure) and I get sent down to my little dungeon (as she calls it).
    Not a big problem as I have my original gaming rig downstairs in my little office. I just setup a 3 monitor display. I would like to test it out. Might go from a Radeon 5830 to Dual (SLI) GTX 550Ti’s? Still, I like running on the HTPC upstairs though! ;) How can I run rF2 between the upstairs and downstairs PC’s?
    Also I have an old friend that likes racing and has no real computer knowledge. If I setup my other Logitech wheel can I set this up so he and I can run laps together here? One of us upstairs and One of us in the dungeon?
    Thank you,
    Pete

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

it's not clear to me if you want to run rF2 from both computers, choosing a room when you want to play, or you just want to arrange 2-comps network for playing online.

In the 1st case - there is not problem at all. You may install rf2 on multiple comps.
    But you have to remember you cannot login into multiplayer on more than one computer at once. It means you cannot use single licence to start multiplayer game with a friend.

This topic has been discussed a lot of time on this forum.
    Hope you'll find my answer helpful.

3. petetp

petetp Registered

Hi MaXyM. Thanks for the reply.
    Yes. I would like to be able to run rF2 on either PC when necessary.
    And yes again… I would like to run laps with a friend in my home on my own private LAN.
    I have already spent $85 on this title. I had hoped that I did not need to spend another $50-$85 just to race without going online in my own house, on my own computers, on my own Local Area Network.
    If possible, could you point me in the right direction to see if I can indeed make this happen?
    Thanks again,
    Pete

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

No, as I said you cannot.
    To play online (even on local network) you have to login into matchmaker with your credentials. It makes impossible to login twice the same time.

5. petetp

petetp Registered

Well that’s disappointing.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Now I just need to figure out how to get it to span all 3 monitors. That one is still confusing. He goes some more thread searching...

6. coops

coops Banned

560 ti the best card
    ati = eyefinity for 3 screens
    nvidia = softTH for 3 screens
    nvidia3d vision = 3d screens