MSGM lays off about 40% of staff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mogwai, Nov 3, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Fun fact: the most expensive piece of DLC for rFactor 2 is also the best selling one.

2. I am also not an expert, but IMHO most of the other titles are not being developed actively and DLC is brought out only on top of the old (base) game (engine). That 's one point why (to me) rF2 stuff is (is really?) more expensive.

On the other hand side I do not understand the price discussion in general: we buy GFX cards for about 1k5 USD or EUR, nearly every year or let's say every second year, but we discuss about paying 10, 15, 25 or 50 USD or EUR for a season pack ...

(I was looking for a 4080 card the last days and noticed that it is around 1k3 EUR while my 3080 has lost 1k EUR in 18 months ... 55 EUR per month loss)

trichens, leseb64 and The_Bad_Fasterd like this.
  3. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

I don't doubt it, a more expensive pack should be better, its sales will be very big at the beginning when all the rfactor fans buy it. After a while it will only be sold to new rFactor fans, but this content will not be purchased by the majority of simracing players whose rfactor is not their main sim.

4. But this is also valid for other sims - as I do own R3E, AC, ACC, AMS2, PC, PC2, PC3, rF2, but I did buy rF2 and ACC content in the past, only.

5. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

I did not say "pack", I was talking about a single asset.

6. vava74

vava74 Registered

There is no scaling benefit if S397 dropped the price of the DLC even more than it already does with the packs.
    If we look at the amount of subscribers that DLC had before they blocked that information on the Steamworkshop, you would realise that those sales generated a paltry sum of money which, I doubt cover the cost of licensing and producing those DLC items.
    From the price that you pay, you need to take out ± 20% VAT and Steam's commission.
    We are talking about peanuts.
    Dropping the price would not attract a significant number of players.
    Having a fully working Race Control (with more features being absolutely needed, such as Multiclass and driver swaps) is the only way to increase the player base and, with that, sales and revenue.

trichens likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm sure S397 could lower the price of their DLC tracks if they stop using ground laser scans. I'm sure they could get by with a few Polaroid photos and some technical blueprints. And cars? Bring back the days of the Kodi & Howstons. There! Cheaper DLC.

Emery and trichens like this.
  8. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

You ever heard of Reuters? Probably 80% of the news, If not more goes through this agency, which In turn distributes the news around the world. This might seem a good thing to some, but the problem Is that this agency Is probably owned by one of the three, or four owners of the world (Rothchild, Rockefeller, or Soros). This trio, which Is on the top of the pyramid (as world owners) dictates what Reuters will spread as news, as with any other company In the pyramid globally. Theirs no free journalism, this freedom died many decades ago despite what some people might believe or think. Sure something might "leak" out, but very minor and sometimes Intentionally so not to raise suspicion among the masses.

Reuters:
    https://www.reuters.com/

Everything Is going through a filter now days, and we are being manipulated to the T by the three mentioned above and their associates (lower tier in the pyramid). I am sure many of you already know this, but at times tend to forget about It. Which Is also part of their strategy!

Binny likes this.
  9. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Add a 30% commission that Steam gets for selling a game on their platform! Less peanuts :D

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@MikeV710 yeah, I know Reuters, I also know people who dismiss all well known news outlets because they've convinced it's all lies, and they end up believing things that are little more than fairytales full of unrelated actual true events plus completely twisted information that is easily debunked. I've fallen out of contact with a number of family and friends through this. But I digress.

Mainstream news stories aside, more niche outlets like gaming sites will 'report' on stuff like this while rewording it to make it seem more original or something, and simply exclude or even misrepresent key information. The new between-the-lines meaning becomes the new story, spreads through communities, etc.

TonyM and RaceNut like this.
  11. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

@Lazza Not saying It´s all lies, but If you notice mainstream news (main headline TV news as example) Is practically all the same no matter what country you live In. Other then that, the strategy Is a known one "how to bring chaos to order" or when chaos comes to order. Now days nobody believes anything because of all the confusion (chaos) that has been Implemented on purpose. Except the little details we may get on forums or other means were people still believe In something and are not flooded with the "pandemic of stupidity" that has spread In this last decade.

Whatever will happen with MSG Is still yet to be known, and only "they" no what will happen for the most part. Let´s hope for the best and be positive about It. That´s how I see It.

Binny likes this.
  12. Binny

Binny Guest

@MikeV710 The social dilemma "what's the truth. what's a lie"

MikeV710 likes this.
  13. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

This is getting a little weird.

JRS, 88mphTim and elgagon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.