Moving Data to another drive pain

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by F2kSel, Jan 18, 2012.

1. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I decided in a last ditch effort to make the game run smoother to remove the data files to another drive.
    I first copied them to the drive and then changed the path using the launchers advanced tab.

When I went to run the game it reports no mods or tracks installed.

I then went to mods and track and there were no mods showing so I pointed the mods to the package file and re-installed them and updated.

I then tried the game again and it still said no mods or tracks installed, I noticed that in mods the all tracks mod didn't re-install, this is part of the main game.

I tried a few more things even pointing it back to the original files but kept getting the same warning.

In the end I did a complete re-install.

Is there a correct way of doing this or is it just broken?

2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Correct way is to uninstall and reinstall the game, not just move folders around.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The installer places extra things such as the all cars and tracks series into the correct locations when you install, you'd need to move all of these, too. But the easiest way to do that is still to save your My Documents/rFactor2 directory, uninstall, reinstall, put your saved folder data in the new location.