More AI in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Molano, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Molano

Molano Registered

Hey all,

I've done some searching and found some stuff but cannot get it to work, so i was wondering if anyone ever managed to get more than 29 AI in their online servers? I'm trying to make a Nordschleife mod which "simulates" the Touristenfahrten with a bunch of different cars all practicing at the same time.

I've managed to increase the amount of slots in my server to 100 using the command line parameter. This means both the MUltiplayer.JSON and all the mod .ini files don't have the 29 car limit anymore. However what i think is the limiting factor at the moment is the mfr file thats in the mas file in the installed/mfr folder.

I tried unpacking the file, changing the value of max opponents to 100 and repacking it, but this invalidates the mod because of the MD5 hash. Also looked at a way to generate the rfmod file with the MAS file edited but i've been unsuccesful so far. Is the limit hardcoded or am i missing something?

2. redapg

redapg Registered

3. Molano

Molano Registered

Hey that's interesting. I've actually tried changing the value in the temporary MAS file when using the packager. It didnt work and got overwritten so i figured that wasnt possible. Maybe i made a mistake.

Thanks for the link, i'll try again tonight!

4. redapg

redapg Registered

If you use the default files (rfm and icons), click "Create the package file", then "Create new Mod Package", enter the name for your Mod, now you can edit the rfm file (the path to the default rfm file is greyed out if you don't check the "Customize" box) and if that is finished and the file has been saved, continue with the normal procedure.

5. Molano

Molano Registered

Yeah i saw your post in the other thread. Thank you. I tried it yesterday and it did'nt work. I probably just screwed up a filename or something. I'll try again tonight.