mods

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jax001, May 19, 2013.

1. jax001

jax001 Registered

hi guys can someone please help when I download a car or track for rfactor 2 I am going to save as and it starts the download but it is saving as a notepad file can you pleas help and tell me what i'm doing wromg

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Try using 'Google Chrome' instead of 'Internet Explorer' may help. What file are you trying to download?, i'll give it a test.

3. jax001

jax001 Registered

all the cars tracks and series from rfactor 2 downloads to be honest m8 I ain't a computer wiz lol i'm saving the files and sticking them in packeges in rfactor 2 but when I go to manage mods I can't seem to find them there it's gotta be something simple that i'm doing wrong

4. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

Have you got both the 'Mods' and 'Components' boxes ticked in the Mod Manager?

Also make sure the ' Working Dir: ' in Mod Manager is set to your root rF2 folder, and ' Packages Dir ' is set to where you put the package files after downloading them.

5. jax001

jax001 Registered

thanks guys I got it now pmsl the only other thing is now I get this message on manage mods screen and it's for ISI formula masters not installable- unknown base cmp for Malaysia 1.2 millsmetro 1.2 partugal 1.2 I got the other versions?? and how can I get other tracks to join online races like the clio trophy??? thanks gus hope to see you on the track

6. jax001

jax001 Registered

how do I install the ISI formula masters series I got the rest but not this one saying not installable- unknown base cmp for Malaysia 1.2 millsmetro 1.2 portugal 1.2 how do I get these? can you help please I have versions 1.43

7. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

You'll need to contact ISI Support about that I think, as they have removed the older mods that included the 1.2 versions of those tracks.

Ask in the technical help or general discussion sections & see if someone still has the older packages available.

If they don't then you might have to wait until IS release an updated version of the Formula Masters mod that's compatible with the v1.43 tracks.

8. jax001

jax001 Registered

just another quick question is it safe to download other cars and tracks or should I only download ISI cars and tracks and wait until ISI bring the cars and tracks out to download?

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

ISI will only publish their own work, not work from others.

Its the modding community whom provide the 'other' cars and tracks, and more.
    As for safe to download and install, yes, this is what rfactor is about mainly, creating and using content from the community.

I would suggest however to install things one at the time and check them in the sim before you go install other stuff. just to make sure things actually work.